Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Day0's profile

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Mar 10, 2022 5:30 AM

Fiber Internet Service availability in New Orleans 70125

There is an ATT Fiber internet connection block on the utility pole directly across the street from my house.  Cox Internet service comes into my house from the same pole.  Yet when I put my address into the ATT site to check for fiber internet availability, it says it's not available.  I've confirmed with at least one neighbor in the next block on the same street that they have ATT fiber internet.  This is really frustrating!  ATT clearly has the hardware in place, so how about actually letting some customers use it?

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

6.3K Messages

5分前

Next street over doesn't matter, heck, even across the street isn't a slam dunk.  Usually if neighbors on either side of you on your side of the street are listed as available then it gets suspicious why you aren't.  Have you checked those addresses?

You can either call 800-288-2020 and ask for an address verification or you could fill out the form HERE. 

Just be aware that attempting to apply logic to figure out why AT&T runs fiber where they do will make you go crazy.

my thoughts

Employee

• 

19.4K Messages

5分前

Where does your ATT cooper service come from?

You state Cox crosses the street for you but what about ATT?

If from a pole in the back of the house or underground (buried) terminal then expect fiber if / when available will come from the same direction.

Fiber buildouts are for specific addresses, streets are the dividing lines. 

Mine neighborhood (1920s) has Uverse FTTN, I am bonded pair internet 50. The houses across the street were build in the 1950s with fiber upgrade about 2 years ago. Previously they were ADDL2+ IP-CO internet 5 while our side was 10x faster. Now things have been reversed, willing likely stay that way for next several years. 

• 

2 Messages

5分前

Thanks, My.  Don't have ATT anything at this time.  ATT abandoned its phone infrastructure in this neighborhood after hurricane Katrina--still a sore subject 16 years later.  Cox filled the vacuum.  But without competition, it's service has degraded.  About 4 years ago, ATT put in what was supposed to be comprehensive fiber infrastructure in the neighborhood, but nonsensically doesn't want any ROI from that work, apparently.  Maybe it doesn't matter--after several attempts to call and speak to a knowledgeable person, my impression of ATT is that no matter how good their tech/infrastructure may be, their customer service is so bad, I should probably keep holding the post-Katrina grudge and accept that Cox is the best game in town, until VZW rolls out home internet service, which they'll probably do fairly soon, since their 5G is already pretty solid here.

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.