Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Coffeltjam's profile

2 Messages

Wednesday, February 28th, 2024 12:30 AM

Fiber Internet in Grove City OH

Hello, we would love to switch to ATT Fiber. However it looks like it is not yet available on our street. I see other people in my town who do have the fiber internet and love it. Can we get an estimate of when it may be available? I tried using the notification for fiber internet for my address, but it did not work. We would really like to be put on the notification list. How can we do that? Thanks! 

Former Employee

• 

22.2K Messages

2 months ago

How do you know the notification list is not working?

You would not be notified until service was available, and you would see fiber deployment activity months ahead of the service being available either as aerial deployment on poles or burial services with trenches and placement of hand hole / pedestal.

ATT current fiber deployment is in the last two years to complete a 10 year program that started in 2016 and scheduled to end in 2025 reaching 30+ million addresses within 100+ markets over 21 state footprint. As of end 2023, 24 million addresses were completed including new greenfield constructions of apartment/condo complexes, subdivisions, upgrades to large MDU complexes of 60+ units, and existing single family homes which were mostly FTTN upgrades having internet 25, 45, 50, 75, 100. Some ADSL2+ (internet 18 or less) have also been upgraded.

Is ATT currently available at your address? If yes, best speed available?

The 30+ million to receive direct fiber represents 50% of Uverse hardwired platform services. Another 25% or 15 million will have the choice of Fiber To The Cell Tower known as ATT AIR which is 5G Fixed Wireless Access (FWA) similar to product offerings from T-Mobile, US Cellular and Verizon. 

Is ATT AIR available at your address? If yes, I would not expect FTTP will be deployed to your street.

https://www.att.com/internet/internet-air/

If not one of the 6 million out of 36 million waiting for ATT Fiber, are you willing to relocate to one of the 24+ million addresses where the service is available?

(edited)

2 Messages

2 months ago

Thanks for your response you have a lot of information! There was no place for me to place my information to be actually notified, therefore no notification can occur. 

Our address does have ATT Air available, so that is a bummer this means we would not likely to get fiber. We recently bought our house and love it so no moving at this time. Hopefully something magically happens then, if not we will have to stay put with Spectrum for now. 

Former Employee

• 

22.2K Messages

2 months ago

I am hopeful ATT will announce a 3rd 5 year fiber build out from 2026 to 2030 adding another 15 million locations… this would cover 75% of the footprint but a portion will be cell tower coverage.

At one point in time the company stated average cost per address for fiber was $3000… both labor and materials are now higher

Would you be willing to spend $3200 to get a customer that may spent $60 a month for internet, that is at least 4 years to break even and the expectation is 40% take rate so to reach 10 customer is $32,000 and may get $300 a month income from 4 accounts… 6 locations not taking the service… likely using cable or cellular service. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.