S

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Nov 24, 2021 4:42 PM

Fiber Availbility

Is there away to find out when fiber will be in my area? The website says its available in my City and I even live less than a mile from a store who tries to sell it to me but my address comes up with nothing..

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

30.2K Messages

7 m ago

You can only find out what is currently available. The fiber rollout AT&T keeps private, so there is no guarantee on when or if it will become available for you.

https://www.att.com/shop/internet/gigapower/coverage-map.html 

my thoughts

Employee

• 

19.2K Messages

7 m ago

Area refers to zip code, I suspect ATT fiber is already available within the zip code if ATT service is offered at all.

Not all addresses will receive direct fiber. some zip codes are over 90% fiber while others are less than 10%.

ATT is continuing the fiber build out till end of 2025 adding about 3 million addresses each year within their 21 state footprint. By end of 2025 there should be 30+ million addresses with direct fiber option which represents about 50% of all ATT hardwired addresses at that point in time. 

No one can state if you will or will not have fiber service by that point. The only sure way is relocation to where the service is actually offered.

Zip code?

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.