Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
K

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Jun 24, 2020 12:24 AM

fiber availability

i have a question how can at&t say they have 100% coverage for my zip code but when you call them they say it is not in your area , on top of that they only offer 1 plan for my area and it is costing as much as fiber but only 18mbps, these ppl have one heck of a racket going on here , along with false advertising about there coverage

Responses

my thoughts

Employee

• 

15.7K Messages

2 months ago

100% coverage does not mean direct fiber coverage with internet 1000 available but that the addresses have a hardwired connection of FTTP (internet 1000), FTTN VDSL (internet 100, 75, 50, 25,18 depending on length of copper after the fiber VRAD) or ADSL2+ (internet 18, 12, 10, 6, 5, 3, 1.5, .76 depending on the copper loop from the CO or RT.

As you state internet 18 is available then coverage is offered.

If believe something else what is the zip code? Mine is 53188 where 92% of addresses can have ATT internet but less than 6% is FTTP Internet 1000. The other 8% (100-92) is coverage by CenturyLink for more rural addresses within my zip code.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Get started...

Ask a new question