Military Appreciation: Exclusive savings for military, veterans, and their families!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
C

• 

1 Message

Mon, Sep 20, 2021 9:27 PM

Door to door sales

Today an AT&T salesperson (who I understand to be a third-party rep) came to my door offering fiber with faster speeds and lower prices.

I've been having problems with my current internet provider, so obviously I gave her more information than I should have and told her I would need time to discuss with other members of my house.  She said she was in the area and would return in a few hours.

We looked into fiber last year, but it wasn't offered in our area, so I'm genuinely interested if it's for real and not some crazy scam.

I'd just like to know if this is legit before I officially sign up.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

57.4K Messages

8分前

Go to att.com and see if your address qualifies for service.

dave006

Scholar

• 

2.8K Messages

8分前

Here is the direct link to find out what services are offered at any valid service address:

https://www.att.com/availability

To qualify for Fiber you need Fiber 300, 500 and 1000 as options.

Dave

• 

7 Messages

8分前

It's an it-depends thing.  Something like about 8-ish months ago, we had an actual door-to-door guy asking about it- as soon as he pulled up the availability on his connected tablet, he apologized for wasting my time.  I reassured him that IF it was in my neighborhood I would be using it (and would've been since I moved into the neighborhood...) because for all the glitches (I tripped across a gotcha that a technophile might trip across but the average customer might not- being a bit of a Computer and Networking Guru...I side-stepped the problem...) they are still better than Spectrum...and better than the area Fiber player that they compete with.  (Frontier...lord, don't get me started on THEM...  X-D)   Told the guy he probably needed to tell his boss that the whole edition was a dead loss (There's about 2-3 editions in our town that just got a rollout and there's a steady clip of conversions in all of them) and to check back when they did the real deal.

Best bet, though, is to go to the official website and check and see if you're in an area or not.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.