AT&T Holiday Deals & Gifts - Don't miss these holiday deals on the latest devices!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
GodPleaseHelpMe's profile

• 

1 Message

Wed, Oct 5, 2022 8:58 AM

Door Knocker Scam

I'm pretty sure that I gave two wholly unrelated people wearing AT&T branded stuff my information. I called AT&T themselves and they said I have no appointment set up for the date I set it. The availability website says I only have the garbage 50MB/s plan available at my address. I think they only got my ID, but maybe my social too, I'm not sure, I don't remember. PROBABLY not. I was half awake when they knocked because I work nights but have been waiting on Fiber in my neighborhood for almost two years now. Let me just say, that it's probably too late for me. I'm going to die. But whoever okayed the idea of 3rd party contractors is insane.

dave006

Scholar

• 

3.3K Messages

2 months ago

Easier way to check if Fiber is really available it to check the service addresses on either side of your address using the availability checker.

https://www.att.com/availability

It also can take 24-48 hours for the third-party contract sales reps to enter the data into the system base on their skills with the system.

Also they often sell VDSL as Fiber service since there is actually Fiber in the loop between the Central Office and the local Equipment in your neighborhood.

Dave

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.