Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Nahkon's profile

• 

1 Message

Tue, Mar 8, 2022 3:47 PM

Cancelled Appt, No Notice; Now Waiting Address Validation

I called this morning to confirm my transfer of service appt for tomorrow, only to find out it had been canceled without any notice and that the address both has service and that they can not find it in the system. However that makes sense... Finally got to the loyalty department to get a ticket for an address validation to be told that it will take a week or two to process then they would call me back to setup an appt.  This is ridiculous I scheduled an appt two weeks ago and now I may not even get internet in March... it may be quick to get Xfinity to come and service the address.  

Is there any way to expedite this address validation?, as I need internet to work.

Also will I receive a confirmation email for this address validation ticket?

Thank you

my thoughts

Employee

• 

19.4K Messages

5分前

Let's look at one of the statements ..

Address has service, you cannot move your account to this address until the previous account has either cancelled their or moved their service to a different address. Similar none will be able to have ATT internet at your current address until you do the same ... move or cancel your service. Two accounts cannot exist at same address, same time 

If the previous account has cancelled their service, they keep that address until their billing cycle has expired which could be days or weeks after the cancellation depending on billing cycle.

An address validation can take weeks then waiting time for install.

In my opinion, order internet from a different ISP while waiting... then the choice is keep both services (recommended if income dependent on internet, or cancel whichever you desire.

You do not state what speed tier will be a available at new address compared to old, or compared to other choices.

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.