Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
S

• 

1 Message

Thu, Apr 8, 2021 6:57 PM

AT&T rep fraudulently opened account

I went into AT&T in Oakbrook IL due to an issue with my phone and needed to “re provision the line”. While I was there an associate Jose was explaining a new internet service they are starting. I explained I didn’t not have time but was interested in switching over my services. He explained that they would call me in a week or two when I was available to explained AT&T Fiber. He requested we quickly make a profile so my name was saved and they would give me a call. As soon as I left the store I received a text message saying my PIN number was changed. I later received emails saying “Thank you for your order” and had an appointment set up to install internet in my home. Never during our conversation did I agree to sign up for anything. I contacted AT&T to inquire and was told there was an account created and it took the rep 45 minutes to delete the account that had just been created. I spoke to different AT&T customer service rep that asked me to contact the store and ask for further information but I declined to do that. I have not received any further information from AT&T in regards to this fraudulent account that was created.

Responses

dave006

Scholar

• 

1.9K Messages

9 d ago

Hmm Cool Story but not sure what you want us to do here on a customer to customer support forum.

Unless you take action with AT&T no further action will be taken. You spent the time to register here on the forums, pen this message and then nothing.

I spoke to different AT&T customer service rep that asked me to contact the store and ask for further information but I declined to do that. I have not received any further information from AT&T in regards to this fraudulent account that was created.

I would expect that AT&T is waiting on you for the next step in this process.

Dave

Get started...

Ask a new question