For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
gturner593's profile

• 

1 Message

Monday, August 22nd, 2022 1:23 PM

AT&T Fiber lines have been buried in our neighborhood for over a month, and no one on our street is able to order fiber, or get updates.

Because of personal info I cannot share the street address, but I am at a loss of what to do.

Our neighborhood is a new development, with our particular street having closed on more than 8 houses so far, with many more to come in the next few months. Just before we moved in, an AT&T contractor came to our neighborhood and buried fiber lines on both sides of the street, with access boxes in front of every house. But despite this, none of us have been able to apply for fiber service, the website repeatedly says "AT&T Internet is not available at your address".

In our same neighborhood, a group of houses closed about a month before us and they have all been able to install AT&T fiber. Yet for whatever reason, the houses right next door to this cul-de-sac (our development) can't register to have their service installed.

I have tried everything, including submitting tickets and even going to a physical store and no one has been able to tell me what is causing the delay. It is like our neighborhood has been forgotten! What should we do? Virtually every one of my neighbors has a ticket in right now, with nothing being done so far. Any help would be appreciated!

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

2 years ago

The physical AT&T stores exist to sell wireless service.  They have no idea how to even how to spell fiber.  Visiting one of them for fiber service issues is an exercise that will only frustrate you.

The delay between fiber being buried and service being available can be anywhere from weeks to years.  With logistical issues with needed infrastructure, they may not have the equipment installed necessary to provide your home with service.  If this is the case, there's nothing you can do but wait.  If you've opened address validation tickets and the answer was "no service," you've done all you can for now.

Keep checking the availability site every week or two.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.