Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
teamayers's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Jul 28, 2015 9:41 PM

AT&T doesn't honor their Gigapower Flyer advertisement

So, I received a flyer for upgrading my service to U-Verse with AT&T Gigapower for $120/month. I called the service department and am told that I'm not able to receive that price because I'm a current customer.  Which would make sense EXCEPT that the flyer had my AT&T ID number on it and it specifically discusses changing my current AT&T plan to the Gigapower one.

And the service agreement online and in the flyer do not discuss any disqualifiers about being a current member.  When I pointed this out to the representative I was told, I don't know why they say that...oh well.  

I guess AT&T doesn't want my business.  

Jeffster

ACE - Professor

• 

2.6K Messages

7年前

This is just a guess, did you try ordering it online and not calling.

You normally get the better rate online no involving a agent.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

29.3K Messages

7年前

@teamayers, I asked a friend within AT&T about your issue.  Apparently someone has now seen your post and taken an interest in your situation.  Please watch for a PM (Blue Envelope in the upper-right-hand corner of the page, will have a non-zero number by it if you have an unread PM).  If you get an e-mail notification of a PM, please return to the forum and reply using the PM system, as e-mail replies to PM notifications get sent lost in the ether.

AT&T is a big company and often the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.  It can be especially bad as AT&T contracts out some functions to other companies.

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.