Military Appreciation: Exclusive savings for military, veterans, and their families!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
N

• 

7 Messages

Wed, Sep 8, 2021 8:23 PM

AT&T CIO??

Who is the CIO for AT&T?  I am on the phone with a technician who says I did not have a technician come out today because the account was never finalized.  Yesterday I filled out a request for internet and got 2 confirmation emails, and the order completion notice on the screen said my tech would arrive today at 8 am. The 2nd email said to call customer service ASAP because the order couldn’t be completed.  I called customer service and they said it would be 24 hours before they could set me up with installation.  Then they supposedly did set me up with installation after 2 hours on the phone; the installation was scheduled for today at 12. No one showed.  I called today and they confirmed no one came out and today’s install time was not available (duh).  So they say the account was never finalized so NOW I should believe I will have a technician show up tomorrow between 8-12.  While on the phone I signed into the app.  The app says my installation appointment is still today 8-12 (which was 4-8 hours ago...). So why does my account say the install was this morning, my email message say today, and the customer service rep sees it as tomorrow?!  I also have now read that sometimes cable installation takes months... and I need internet Monday.

Accepted Solution

• 

7 Messages

8分前

I was able to get Fiber installed today.  It took another hour on the phone yesterday and the myAT&T app continued to show the no-show appointment as the only scheduled appointment until after the technician had called about the new appointment, so I remain upset with the behind-the-scenes data integrations that could give customers & customer service representatives consistent and accurate messaging instead of misleading and confusing information that overpromises the customer.  The inaccuracy and miscommunication caused by the failure of backend processes frustrate me (the customer), the customer service reps, and the installers, and waste a lot of time - and time is $$, so I would think someone in AT&T leadership would fix the backend processes.  Xfinity figured it out...  I am really, really happy with my fiber connection so far, and the installers were great, and hopefully I don't have to call AT&T customer service ever again and I'll eventually forget how poorly functioning the data/communication processes are between putting in an order for service to becoming a satisfied AT&T customer.

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

22.2K Messages

8分前

A chief information officer (CIO) is the company executive responsible for the management, implementation, and usability of information and computer technologies.
So why would you need to know who the CIO is if you are having issues with a new install?

(edited)

Constructive

Employee

• 

27.3K Messages

8分前

The CIO does not deal with the public. That’s like requesting contact with bill gates because you have issues with windows 

my thoughts

Employee

• 

19K Messages

8分前

Cellular Hotspot?

Having a tech on site may determine there is additional concerns that need to be addressed before service can be active.

Which internet speed is available to you?

New construction or existing structure?

Has ATT service been installed in the past?

Is this for hardwired (Uverse based service installed by ATT employee) internet or wireless (cell tower, FIXED WIRELESS installed by DirecTv tech).

Depending on the service order, most currently are 5 to 7 days out for appointment not next day or 2 days from order date.

Uverse tech installations are generally 2 hour arrival appointment windows on the ODD hours such as 9-11, 11-1, or 1-3. (4) hour appointment windows are generally outside line techs (bonded pair service, internet only,  long loop distance, internet speed of 25) with time frames of 8-12 or 12-4. These jobs have expected line quality issues thus given to outside tech who works on outside lines. 

Just my thoughts...

Markets can vary, what I know of in our midwest Wisconsin market may be different compared to one of the other 20 states where ATT provides internet service. 

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.