Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
J

• 

3 Messages

Sun, May 31, 2020 1:47 PM

Address Validation

Is there any way to escalate or somehow get a physical address validation for new Fiber Service? Here's the issue: I just bought a house (new construction). There were two houses built this year on a lot that was split, it used to contain just one very old house. I am on an Alley in very Urban Dallas and every single one of my neighbors on the Alley have access to 1Gbps Fiber, including the brand new house that is right next door to me (same builder, built at the same time, on the same lot). When I try to validate my address online, or by chat, or by phone I'm told that I can only get DSL 1.5Mbps. I'm literally surrounded by houses eligible for Fiber? On all sides? just 4-5 feet away? It has to be an address issue since the lot was split from 1 home to 2, I just can't get anyone to help. I was given a web link to put in my address...did that 3 weeks ago. Nothing, no email, no call. Any help would be appreciated, I'd just like to pay someone for service in a brand new home, in a well established neighborhood where it seems everyone else can get it. Thanks

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

davemize

ACE - Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

a month ago

The address verification process can't be expedited. If you've called 800.288.2020 and requested address verification, you should have been asked for addresses on either side of your property that currently have service. You would then have been given a ticket as proof of the request. In the pre-pandemic world, these took 2 - 3 weeks to complete; no idea how long now.

"Don't make me summon the flying monkeys...."

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

I appreciate the reply. I was able to get someone on the phone today who submitted the request and gave me a ticket number. All previous attempts they just tried to sell me a wireless hotspot rather than investigate. Maybe I’ll get somewhere now!

• 

3 Messages

were you able to get internet I am in same boat

• 

3 Messages

Yes! I called customer service and asked for an address verification. I was told that it would take 5 to 7 business days. They also asked for addresses around me that showed eligible for service. I received a call within 2 business days stating I was eligible for Fiber service and then they had an outside tech come and run a dedicated line to my house from the nearest utility pole. I was up and running with 1gbps within a week of speaking with someone on the phone. 

• 

3 Messages

perfect thanks for your response 

davemize

ACE - Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

I'm glad to see that process worked so well!

"Don't make me summon the flying monkeys...."

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question