Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Mon, Jan 20, 2020 2:21 AM

1Gbps to Salem Lakes Wisconsin?

I’ve heard rumors that AT&T may finally expanding to Westosha area in February. I can’t seem to find any info about this online but was curious if any employees can chime in on this?

Responses

my thoughts

Employee

• 

14K Messages

4 weeks ago

Until you see a contractor deploying fiber I would take it as a rumor....

Your zip code area for ILEC telco provider is Frontier which has about 77% coverage, not ATT.

ATT SE Wisconsin fiber deployment is from Milwaukee, covering portions of counties of Kenosha, Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Washington and Waukesha. Kenosha is east of I-94, not aware of west I-94... Burlington yes, in Racine county.

My area (53188) western part of city of Waukesha, has about 6% direct fiber or about 880 addresses out of 14500 addresses in zip code. Your zip code has around 5000 addresses, less dense population, different ILEC, I do not see ATT being an overbuilder in your zip code.

I would be surprised if ATT would be an overbuilder in an area that has less than 5000 addresses....

To hear rumor they would overbuild in Minneapolis (out of state, out of market) would be more believable due to size of population.

If heard fiber is coming, I would expect the provider to be TDS, the owner of US Cellular.

TDS currently covers about 16% of your zip code with about 5.5% of addresses having direct fiber with 1000 internet.

TDS is also covering parts of Madison, state capitol, along with ATT.

https://broadbandnow.com/Wisconsin/Salem?zip=53168

You could check with local government to see if anybody has requested permit(s) for fiber deployment,

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.