Military Appreciation: Exclusive savings for military, veterans, and their families!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
C

• 

12 Messages

Thu, Dec 23, 2021 7:15 PM

Why can I not get fiber internet?

My neighbor has high speed fiber internet. They are right this minute digging to run a new line to three new houses a quarter mile down the road. I am 200 yards from the box but AT&T says it is not available in my area. Who can I contact, besides customer no service to find out why  they say I can't get it? I am wanting to bundle the internet and DirecTV

Constructive

Employee

• 

27.3K Messages

5分前

when the job was built and engineered you weren't included, do your neighbors directly next to you qualify? not 200 yards a way or 14 mile away unfortunately no one here can tell you why.

• 

12 Messages

5分前

Sorry I mistyped that. They are running a new line off of the box 200 yards away from my house to three new houses 1/4 mile away. I can see the box my neighbor is hooked to from my porch. Who or what do I need to do to get fiber service off the line in front of my house?

Constructive

Employee

• 

27.3K Messages

5分前

you must call and ask for an address validation.

• 

12 Messages

5分前

I just got a supervisor in customer support to send engineering a help ticket. We'll see if it helps

Constructive

Employee

• 

27.3K Messages

5分前

your headed in the right direction. i use to be good friends with the lady that did address validation for all of california and nevada but she retired about 6 months ago i have no clue who took her place.

dave006

Scholar

• 

2.8K Messages

5分前

@Choprdoc 

First what services are listed for your address at this link: https://www.att.com/availability

Next are there any houses on either side of you and what services do they qualify for from AT&T?

Here is a form to fill out for a Request for Validation of services. It normally takes up to 30 days for a response.

https://www.att.com/shop/unified/availability/address-research-request.html

Even if the Equipment sits in your yard the cable right of way may not allow service for your address. Do you happen to have a picture that you could attach to this forum post. It is the little picture with the stick figure and a small hill on the second row next to the "chain" icon.

Even if they are digging to install service for the service addresses down the road do you have buried service or aerial (overhead on power poles) service at your address?

Dave

ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

189.5K Messages

5分前

Hey there Choprdoc , we want to help. Let’s meet in a Direct Message to discuss if your able to get fiber at your location. Please check your Direct Message Inbox (it’s the chat icon next to the bell icon in the upper right corner of the Forums)

Charles, AT&T Community Forums

• 

12 Messages

5分前

Ok. I'm on there

• 

12 Messages

5分前

@dave006, I filled out the form. According to AT&T only 10mps dsl is available. The line is under ground with a service box approximately 250 yards from me. It's the same box my neighbor is running on and the same one they are running the new line to the new houses that just got finished being built. What do you want a picture of? I'll take some tomorrow and post

dave006

Scholar

• 

2.8K Messages

5分前

@Choprdoc 

The box that is feeding your neighbor and from where they are running a new line down the street please. It would appear you are on the wrong side of the line and not served by that box. You are likely served by old copper service from a small green or tan pedestal from the Central Office (CO) or a old Remote Terminal (RT).

Anything like that nearby?

Is there a street between you and your neighbor about 250 ft away? Maybe they are on the other side of the road. Fiber service areas tend to be bound by streets and don't just stop mid block between houses for the most part but is has been known to happen.

Does your neighbor qualify for Fiber?

Since you only qualify for 10 Mbps that is ADSL that has been sunset and is likely one of of the last areas to be upgraded.

Have you looked at Starlink satellite or T-Mobile Fixed wireless if you can get a 5G signal

• 

12 Messages

5分前

My neighbor is on the same side of the road, across from the box. We are right beside each other. My desk service box is a 1/8 mile up the road. There is no street between us. I'll go out tomorrow and take some pictures. All they would have to do is run a line from the box to my house like they did him. It's aggravating watching then spend thousands of dollars running a line to the new three houses. We have been with att for over 30 years and direct tv since 96.

• 

12 Messages

5分前

My neighbor must quality for fiber since he has it

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.