Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
toddwilliams's profile

• 

1 Message

Tue, Jun 28, 2022 11:57 AM

Who do I contact about an installation next door to me where the contractor came on my property and cut my AT&T internet service line

On Thursday June 23 a contractor working for AT&T came on my property to bury an AT&T cable for the property next to me. In the process the did not locate and mark existing lines and as a result cut my AT&T internet service line and may have done damage to my water and gas lines. Additionally, I cannot find that this contractor is licensed to do business in Louisiana,

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Constructive

Employee

• 

29.4K Messages

3 m مضت

AT&T claims are handled through Sedgwick, their claims administrator. 

If you need to file a new claim, have the following information available:

• Location – The physical address or GPS coordinates for the location where damage occurred.
  • Photos – Include close-ups and wide views of the area damaged. If possible, include photos of the person, vehicle, or equipment that caused the damage. Photos can be from cameras, cell phones, or other devices.
JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

29.9K Messages

3 m مضت

I would:

• Contact AT&T and say your service is out and needs to be fixed.
  • Contact the Gas Company and tell them you have a concern about your line
  • Check your sprinkler system for damage, if you have any, contact Sedgewick (above). 

Because:

• AT&T can get their costs for repairing your line from the contractor; not your problem.
  • Your gas company can get their costs from the contractor; not your problem.
  • If you have to repair your sprinkler, then you do have a loss to be made good.
Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.