Shop Now, Avoid Delays - Get Our Best Holiday Deals!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet

Related help: AT&T Internet support

P

• 

1 Message

Sun, Sep 5, 2021 2:30 PM

When will my installation be completed?

Good morning and thank you for the opportunity to ask my question. My fiber installation started 27 August 2021 and finished 28 August 2021 at 1200 PM. I am worried about the fiber cable that has not been buried yet, someone may cut it or trip on it. I have called AT&T five times this morning without success as there seems to be some confusion with Direct TV and the Fiber teams. I am looking for help in getting the AT&T team back out to bury the cable. The service is working fine. Thank you George

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

dave006

Scholar

• 

2.6K Messages

3 m ago

You install tech should have informed you that it normally takes 2-3 weeks before a contractor is out to bury your drop.

However with a holiday weekend involved expect 3-4 weeks but if you simply like to spend time on the phone.

Call the Buried Wire Center to make sure there is a ticket or have the rep open a new bury ticket for your drop. Their number 800-924-9420. Give them a call on Tuesday or Wednesday.

As @Constructive indicated above the install / repair teams don't bury fiber drops.

Dave

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

54.4K Messages

3 m ago

This is a customer populated forum, not customer support. No one here can answer when your cable will be buried.

Constructive

Employee

• 

24.4K Messages

3 m ago

AT&T doesn’t bury the cable. It’s contracted out so the timeline is based on the contractors work load 

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.