Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Btkc02's profile

• 

1 Message

Wed, Jul 27, 2022 2:56 AM

When will I get fiber internet in my Area?

I live in a city where 95% of my zip code gets Fiber. I have a family member who lives 5 miles away (less than) and they are about to get Fiber? Why can I not get it and where can i request Fiber in my area?

my thoughts

Employee

• 

19.5K Messages

2分前

Your zip code?

I am not aware of any zip code that is 100% fiber…

As the stated goal is 50% of ATT estimated 60 million residential hardwired addresses to have direct fiber connection by end of 2025, there are many zip codes that are less than 20% and most I would estimate are currently around 30-35% fiber. Note looking for 30 million to be fiber with currently over 18 million existing means adding another 12 million over next 3.5 years. 

That is a lot of expansion to complete, if your zip code is currently over 90% fiber, I would not expect much fill in the gap coverage to occur when there are so many with so little.

Perhaps need to consider relocating to an address where ATT fiber is already available, there is 18 million addresses to consider. 

Note… the zip codes I am aware of over 90% fiber also have Google fiber in the zip code, if you do not have Google Fiber as an option… less chance ATT will be expanding your direction.

Just my thoughts…

(edited)

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.