Ask a question
Mon, Sep 28, 2020 8:40 PM
I was just wondering when it will come to my neighbor hood. zip code 76131
20 days ago
22 days ago
Let's take a look at fiber availability in your area, @Cappu!
You can check out this Fiber Article to see what may be holding it back.
You can also check back with our coverage map with your address for availability information specific to you.
If you have any other questions, let us know!
Raychel, AT&T Community Specialist
Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.
Unknown, IF or WHEN it may come to your neighborhood....
Zip code 76131 has 92% of addresses that can receive ATT hardwired service of ADSL2+, VDSL FTTN or direct fiber FTTP.
For the FTTP the percentage is over 52%, meaning average is better than 1 out of every 2 addresses within that zip code has direct fiber available. Not all addresses will receive the service, the percentage is very high in your zip code as over 14+ million addresses have FTTP within ATT 21 state footprint which is about 18% of all addresses within the footprint.
The fastest and easiest way to have ATT Fiber FTTP would be to relocate to where the service is already offered. For MDUs of apartment / condos within your area...
Note that 25% of all fiber addresses are MDUs or better than 3.5 million out of the 14+ million will be apartment / condo complexes. The other 75% or 10.5+ million would be single family homes, duplexes, etc.
We recently switched from cable/tv with spectrum to att. It has been AWFUL. I was sold a dedicated fiber optic line will be faster. It is not. We all keep getting kicked out of school and work meetings. I had service man out who sold me WiFi extenders and no change. I keep calling for help and get the typical - let’s reboot. Check with anyone before you switch. I do not recommend it at all.
How can we improve?