Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
J

• 

14 Messages

Sun, Jun 19, 2022 7:31 AM

When is fiber coming to my area? I was told it was coming by February 2021, and I haven’t even see a truck

I was told by like three or four techs that my area would be getting fiber, and that was two years ago. Every other street in my city is getting fiber, but not my street. Techs are always over at the box down the road looking at stuff, but they dang sure aren’t putting up fiber. What’s the holdup? I’m going to have go to the cable company and see if they can go faster. It stinks to watch a 30-minute Netflix show for an hour because it’s buffering, and don’t even get me started on Apple TV. It takes at least three hours to get through a one hour show. I could watch two movies in that time. I just want y’all to get it together and stop lying. Even the guy that I talked to the other days said my neighborhood would get it in six months, but based off the “you’ll get it in February of 2021” comments I’ve heard before, I’ll bet my house it doesn’t get here my 2024.  Let me know what’s going on. 

Stan_Dupp

Contributor

• 

36 Messages

3 m مضت

I got switched to the fiber line about a year ago. No discernible improvements in TV quality. And my Uverse connection breaks off every night sometime after midnight--not for long, just a couple of minutes or less.  Never did that before.  Internet speed no different.  Maybe the tone quality on the house phone is a bit better--hard to be sure on that w/o side-by-side comparison.   So I'd say you aren't missing out on much.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

3 m مضت

@Jcc7386 

There is no public time frame when any given area gets fiber (if ever). If you see massive work being done, then it may be within so many months. All you can do is check to see where it currently is available with their coverage map.

If fiber is that important for you then look into other internet providers.

(edited)

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

3 m مضت

@Stan_Dupp 

If only U-Verse TV is having any major issues, post in that forum for assistance. Be aware it is a grandfathered service, not being offered anymore. Unknown how long existing customers have until a true sunset of it.

But if you have problems with internet in general, then make a thread in the internet forum for other users to try and help. Sometimes a fix can be figured out or at least narrowed down to if it is the install in the home or the internet line outside of it.

Stan_Dupp

Contributor

• 

36 Messages

3 m مضت

Are you paid to lurk here and spread discouraging words?

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

3 m مضت

@Stan_Dupp 

Step back and take a breath, sheesh.

I am not paid to be here. I post on my own time like any other customer.

As your concern is about existing service, which has nothing to do about the OP waiting for fiber in their area (other than discouraging them from it because you have problems), I suggested starting your own thread. Either in U-Verse TV if it is specific to that service or in the internet forum if it is your internet service in general. That way you get help tailored to your issue and not lost in a different conversation.

My mentioning of U-Verse TV's status of grandfathered and one day expected to be sunset was not to be discouraging. That was simply making sure you were aware of the reality of the situation so you could research and make decisions well ahead of time. I would think it would be quite upsetting to not know until close to shut down or potentially once it happened.

My post was helpful with guidance provided. Just because you don't like the info doesn't make it invalid or to discourage you.

(edited)

• 

14 Messages

3 m مضت

Thanks for the information, but anything is better thank what I have now. I might as well be on a dial-up modem. I have to disconnect things in my house just so I can watch tv. Oh yeah, my tv box is flipping on and off in about two second intervals, so I can’t even watch tv til Tuesday or Wednesday hopefully, even though the guy I talked to Friday said he was overnighting it and it would be here yesterday. This is what I deal with, so again, anything will be better than what I have now. 

Stan_Dupp

Contributor

• 

36 Messages

3 m مضت

Good luck Jcc. I hope they get you fixed up.  Sadly, it doesn't appear there's much help available on this forum, just those resident trolls who don't offer help.

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

7.4K Messages

3 m مضت

So let's see if I've got this straight.....

If we tell you the truth, that there's no way for anyone not part of the core planning group at AT&T that can tell a customer when fiber will be available and that all you can do is keep checking, that's "discouraging" and no help.

Let's see if we can find some encouraging words in this thread, started by someone who was looking for words of hope about maybe getting fiber.  Oh hey, here's some...

I got switched to the fiber line about a year ago. No discernible improvements in TV quality. And my Uverse connection breaks off every night sometime after midnight--not for long, just a couple of minutes or less.  Never did that before.  Internet speed no different.  Maybe the tone quality on the house phone is a bit better--hard to be sure on that w/o side-by-side comparison.   So I'd say you aren't missing out on much.

🙄

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.