For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
M

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, August 13th, 2020 12:46 AM

When is AT&T planning on installing fiber at my address

Live at (edited as per community guidelines).  You have fiber all around me but can only offer me 1.5mps DSL service.  Do you have any timeline for installing fiber at my address?

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Must be someone at AT&T that knows when they plan on installing fiber in my area they sure do not seem to be in a hurry to do so I've been a loyal customer for over 40 something years and I don't think they really care

Former Moderator

• 

697 Messages

4 years ago

Hello @marv6 ,

Please be mindful about sharing your personal details like, Phone number, email id, IMEI number, account number, last name, Credit/Debit card number, order number, Driver licence details, address. This is a public forum and your privacy is very important to us. As per AT&T Community Forum's guidelines https://www.att.com/legal/terms.forumguidelines.html your personal details will be scrubbed. Have a great day!

Regards,
AT&T Moderator

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Still waiting for a estimated timeline for fiber installation in my neighborhood???

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

3 years ago

ATT does not publicly announce fiber deployment schedules and locations. Not being sarcastic. If you want fiber that badly, your only option is to move where it is available. Or switch internet providers to get higher speeds if available. 

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

It is all around just not in my neighborhood guess they don't need any more of my money.  Currently paying almost $115 a month for a landline 

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

3 years ago

Why pay that much for a landline? Plenty of voip services that are cheaper than that.  Even voip from att should be less than that. 

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Good point!  Why do they charge so much?

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

3 years ago

I truly believe it's their attempt to force people off of the old copper infrastructure and over to their wireless service (or frankly, just gone).  All that stuff is ancient and rapidly degrading and AT&T would rather not spend a dollar more on maintaining it than they have to.  So they keep raising the prices on landlines in order to force you to bail.

As far as fiber deployment, there's actually a team of monkeys whose sole duty is to sit in a room with a big map and toss darts at it.  AT&T then installs fiber where the darts land.  Only the monkeys, their handler and two other AT&T people know the results and your best chance at finding that info out is to ask the monkeys because the other three people won't even talk to the public.

While I'm kidding, the monkeys w/darts thing is actually the best explanation most can come up with because there's no other discernible logic behind where they deploy vs where they skip.  More affluent areas get bypassed while nearby areas with a quarter of the medium income get fiber.  You're another prime example, where you seem to be in an unserviced island surrounded by fiber customers.  I've even seen people who have next door neighbors with fiber but AT&T stopped the deployment instead of pushing it another 50'.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.