Shop Now, Avoid Delays - Get Our Best Holiday Deals!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
sonydog123's profile
sonydog123
#1 Star!
10th stratosphere!
The 5th element!

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

Fri, Aug 27, 2021 5:28 PM

What should I do in my new build home for AT&T Fiber?

We're currently building a new home and the neighborhood has fiber and our address already pulls up that it's fiber capable on At&ts website to order. However, I'm wondering if anyone knows what we should do to our new build to make sure the AT&T Fiber is easy to install and where we want it when we're ready to order? Should we put in a PVC pipe coming out from the house so the fiber can be run thru that so no holes need to be made or what is your suggestion? Our builder asked us what we want to do so I just have to tell him at this point. We really don't need all the rooms wired with CAT6 and all of that, we just need an idea of what to do to get the fiber easily into the house when we are ready to order. Thanks for any help or suggestion in advance! 

browndk26

ACE - Professor

• 

4K Messages

3 m ago

I had 1/2 inch conduit put in the wall where I wanted fiber to enter the home. It runs into an empty gang box. I would suggest consulting with someone who designs and installs home networks. You should consider 2 cat6 outlets in every room you might want wired internet. Put 4 where a tv would be. Run the cat6 to a central wiring/network location. Ideally fiber should be able to run all the way there. Picture below of what I did. My gateway is near the fiber entry. I should have consulted a knowledgeable person ahead of time to design my network. 

browndk26

ACE - Professor

• 

4K Messages

3 m ago

After install

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.