Cyber Week Deals: Get $800 off the Google Pixel 6 Pro with FREE Google Pixel A Series White Earbuds!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Pooky74's profile
Pooky74
#1 Star!
The 5th element!
Helpful 1

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

Mon, Jan 25, 2016 8:12 PM

Uverse on demand is freezing randomly in both Wireless receivers. Live TV signal is fine.

After dealing almost two months after the initial instalation and multiples Technicians visits, I still have on demand issues. It happens usually shortly a few days after the Tech visit. We just swapped the WAP, changed the Box outside the house and still the same issue. Live TV and internet are working fine! Download and Upload speed over 900 Mbps, Ping 1ms, Latency 2 ms and Jitter 1 ms.

The signal in one of the boxes are full siganl and the receiver far away has 4 bars.

I am now wondering if Uverse has this issue dealing with Gigapower.

Is it possible that a mismatch bewteen Models of Wireless receivers are creating this mess?

What other alternatives Do I have?

PD: Before this Gogapower I enjoyed Uverse Max Turbo for almost 2 years with not even a minute of service issues. Go figure!

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

6 y ago

Hi @Pooky74,

We are sorry about the issues you are having with your wireless receivers. Do you have the same problems with the wired receivers? If not, then it sounds like there may be an issue with the wireless signal. Make sure there are no devices around your WAP that can cause interference. Moving the WAP higher may help out also.

-ATTU-verseCare

Pooky74

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

6 y ago

The WAP is about 3' above the router, about 6' from the ground. The issue on demand only happens with HD content ( no matter if the receiver shows full signal). Wired receivers work fine. The only way to correct this issue is rebooting the RG and then after 3 days the issue returns.
We recently changed the WAP for a new one( not sure if I had mentioned it and also moved the WAP to another ethernet port). Is there any chance that the issue is the RG or outside my house?
This is really frustating. What else can be done? Before Gigapower all my services worked just fine!!!!
mibrnsurg

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

6 y ago

@Pooky74   You really are not moving the WAP (5Ghz) away from the RG (laterally, not vertically).  Should be 5-10' away from the RG.  There is 5Ghz wireless in the RG that is posssibly interfering, reason to physically get it away from the RG.

Some users have turned the WAP horizontally to line it up w/horizontal antenna in the receiver.

Do regular HD programs do the same thing?  Or do they play OK? Smiley Surprised

Edit:  Might try this to unify your network:

I'd do a whole house reboot.

Unplug the RG and DVR and STB(s)and any WAP for wireless receiver(s), wait 30 seconds and plug the RG back in.

When that turns all green, then plug the DVR back in and wait until it reboots. Then if there is a WAP, plug it in and let it turn green.

Then plug in the STB(s), wait til it reboots and see if wireless VOD works right after 3 days.

Acronym Guide so you understand all terms: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/17724

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Pooky74

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

6 y ago

Thanks Chris, I will try that. What's the difference between on demand HD and Live TV HD? Why my issues are only on demand and the live tv HD works perfect?
mibrnsurg

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

6 y ago

@Pooky74 wrote:
Thanks Chris, I will try that. What's the difference between on demand HD and Live TV HD? Why my issues are only on demand and the live tv HD works perfect?

That's what I was wondering too, if regular HD programming works OK why won't VOD?  What about recordings, how do they play? Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Pooky74

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

6 y ago

The DVR recordings and live TV have no issues. I moved the switch about 3' to the left and it is about 4' above the RG ( my limitation now is the AC adapter cord length) I noticed that my 5GHz internet speed improved a bot doing speed test. The issues on demand are still present, it kind of losses audio and momentarily paused the video once every 2 min, only in the HD content ( for example Black sails show on demand).
I now need to try moving it to other room but I now have a limitation on the number of ethernet ports in my house. I have a question: since I have my DVR and one Wireless received (wired) to one ethernet switch ( giga switch provided by a AT&T), can I add another Gigaswitch to that gigaswitch in order to connect the WAP in another room? I am not sure if two gigaswitches in series will create a conflict. ( i have connected my DVR, receiver and the switch to a single port in the RG).
I appreciate y'all feedback. It has been very helpful and I think this forum is a wonderful tool.
aviewer

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

6 y ago

I was thinking that the on-demand uses internet bandwidth & it is the internet bandwidth that was recently changed.

Also, some levels of internet bandwidth are reduced as regular TV viewing increases. I am not sure of the details & how it would apply to this case. Does on-demand work OK when no live TV is playing. Does it get worse as more channels (especially HD) are being watched?

It seems agreed that STB feeds and internet devices should not be mixed on the same leg from the RG because it could cause flooding of the switch. Is it possible that watching on-demand through a switch could, inadvertantly, cause the TV/internet conflict & flood the switch??

Pooky74

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

6 y ago

With an extension cord And a longer cable, Yesterday moved the switch away to the other corner of the room, about 3' vertically and 7' horizontally and I also placed the WAP horizontal. The number of bars in the wireless receiver decreased ( still fluctuacting between 2 to 3, mostly 3) but the issue on contant on demand HD happens not as often, now about once every 5 minutes.

I guess my other test will be moving it to the other room but that means that my onky two choicea are using a gigaswitch ( daisy chained with the other switch that has my dvr and other receiver) or running an ethernet cable to the living room, either way I will need a tech from att to do that.

I will keep you posted.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 y ago

Just to give y'all an update: All the issues were fixed moving the WAP to another room and putting al the TV signals connected to the same gigaswitch and the switch connected to one single port.

It was definetively interference. Thanks a lot for all the people who contributed to this solution!

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.