skiernan90's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wed, Mar 15, 2017 3:40 PM

Upgrading from internet 24 - Does a technician need to visit?

Does a technician still need to visit if I already have a Residential Gateway from a previous installation?

Contributor

• 

8 Messages

4年前

Excellent reply. I nearly started a new thread until I saw this. I have a follow-up question...

I currently have Internet 24 and my internal wiring is all Cat5e (it's all fairly new) but my gateway is a Pace 3801HGV. I'm looking forward to upgraded equipment (I have lots of devices and even when everything else is supposedly not being used, my upstairs wifi speed is only about 9 or 10 Mbps), but I'm wondering if my current router settings (user-defined firewall pinholes) would be saved and imported into the new router or if I would have to enter them all over again?

Also, if I'm already Cat5e everywhere with Internet 24, does the tech really have to mess with the internal wiring or is it just an outside change?

Thanks,

Bob

EDITED TO ADD:

I did not realize this was in a fiber installation thread. I do not believe we have fiber here, but the website indicated that I was eligible to upgrade from Internet 24 to Internet 50 (no higher). This is what I'm actually talking about.

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.