For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
D

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, April 14th, 2020 4:44 PM

Upgrade from internet 300 to internet 1000. Need installation?

Hello I have currently internet 300 with a ATT router. I see it would be cheaper for me to upgrade to internet 1000 but I do not want people to come into my home during the coronavirus pandemic.

Would I need a new installation if I upgrade or is my current router enough?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Employee

• 

99 Messages

4 years ago

The existing gateway/router that you have is fully capable of supporting our Internet 1000 service and this change can be made without a Techician visit (assuming you qualify for Internet 1000 speeds to your home). You would simply need to log in to the myATT app and upgrade.

• 

5 Messages

thanks, the problem is the myATT is not really clear on prices, I only see a monthly price with 12 month promotion but there is no other information on tax / equipment rent / discounts / price after 12 month or else.

Employee

• 

99 Messages

@da_internet Without having account information, I would not be able to provide you any pricing details. If myATT isn't able to provide you the information you need, you can chat with an agent inside the tool who can give you the specifics.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

@da_internet try logging into your account online at att.com. You should see a discount applied to your plan. After 12 months your price would go up to by whatever your discount is. $10, $20, etc. depending on where you live, internet can be tax and fee free.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

4 years ago

The upgrade can and should be done in your account without a tech visit. I did the same thing. Changed Online in my att account and the upgrade to 1000 was done overnight. What gateway do you have? Is it plugged into an ONT from the red port of the gateway?

• 

5 Messages

thanks! I think it is a Arris BGW210 connected with the ONT red port you mentioned and into a grey box into the wall of my apartment.

• 

1 Message

at what point did you guys notice your speed increase, ive literally done the same thing went from 300 to 1000...and change was confirmed this am however my download speed is still 280-290 dn 100-150 up...and im about 20' away from the modem and brand new wireless router. did you guys have to reboot?

• 

5 Messages

after a few minutes I submitted the change on myATT I received a confirmation email saying that the switch was approved and immediately I had the upgraded speed. myATT still shows the old current billing cycle though.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

@da_internet the billing cycle will stay the same. You contract term will match the date you made the change. You may see a credit on this month’s bill if your price went down.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

I placed an order online to upgrade my internet from 100mbps to 1000. When I call tech support and the automated system runs a test, it says my speed is 999 but when I run a test at speedtest.att.com, my results are only 133.3 Mbps Download and 394.4 Mbps Upload. My current router is Model 526BAC. Do I need a new router to actually get the new speed? I am working for home and it is very challenging because my internet is so slow. Any suggestions? I cannot get connected to tech support because the call volumes are too high. The system hangs up on me.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Hi, I saw a comment about this earlier in this thread, but just want to clarify:

I am in month 12 of my current promotion ($50 for the 300 Mbps fiber plan) as of December 2020.  

If I upgrade to the 1000 Mbps promotion today at the promo discount of $60 per month for 12 months, will that 12 months then start this month December 2020 and end in December 2021?

Will there be an "early termination fee" for the previous plan if say my 1 year ends on January 6th, 2021 and I chose to upgrade to the new plan today, December 30th, 2020?

Thanks in advance for your help!

(edited)

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

3 years ago

No ETF when starting new promos. If you agree to upgrade today, the new promo should take affect when your current promo ends. Confirm all the dates with the rep. 

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

@browndk26 Thank you, this is very helpful!

I unfortunately don't have a rep to talk to as all of this is via the account portal on the website.  I guess I could ask the chat as well.

Another question:  I saw that there is up to $200 in giftcards being offered for my area, but those don't show up when I look at the upgrade process in my account.  I'm assuming that's likely for new customers/accounts?  Or am I overlooking something and could possibly get those $200 for upgrading on my current account.

Thank you again for your help! :]

Scholar

• 

3.8K Messages

3 years ago

Nope those offers are for new customers.

Best you can do is call 1-800-288-2020 and talk to "retention" aka the loyalty department to see what discounts they may offer to keep your business.

Or you can cancel service switch to cable for 30 days and then order as a new customer to get AT&T "New" customer pricing.

Dave

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I upgraded to 1000 for the promo and the speed stayed the same as the 300 plan... We spent hours troubleshooting with an ATT rep and he decided we needed a new router.

Router came in today and guess what?

Its the same router I already had... I installed just to try and the speed is still 250ish. I understand the multiple device concept and house structure effect, but the speed was "increased" to the 1000 and it is the same as it was at 300 plan. Please advise.

Employee

• 

99 Messages

3 years ago

When you say that the speed is the same, how are you running the speed test?  If you are using an outside tool (Ookla, Speedtest.net, etc.) it is measuring the speeds at your device and not the speeds delivered to your home.  

The free Smart Home Manager application can be used to run a speed test to measure speeds to your AT&T Gateway as well as help identify issues that may impact the speeds that your device(s) can attain.

I hope this helps.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.