A

• 

5 Messages

Mon, Mar 7, 2022 11:26 PM

Updating my install for my home

Established AT&T Fiber customer with completed install of Fiber about two years ago. Problem. The install was completed and Modem BGW210 was placed in home office.

The house has a security panel in another room with 8-10 open COAX cables running throughout.  AT&T didn't install the router/modem here, so they are coming back to make the adjustment.  

Once the modem/router is moved to the new location, how will I be able to setup/connect the Arris to provide WiFi AND Wired throughout the home?

Im familar with products like MoCA for a single cable, but are there switches or panels that would allow me to connect more rooms directly?

TY!

my thoughts

Employee

• 

19.2K Messages

4 m ago

Besides changing coax to cat5e or better OR adding ethernet wiring (low voltage contractor or DIY), whatever you can purchase and make work as not an ATT tech supported problem.

Edit... coax is used by local cable company or satellite service.

(edited)

• 

5 Messages

4 m ago

The Coax currently run is not connected. They are basically cables run from rooms to this panel, and exposed. 

A MoCA could be used for 1 coax (new install location to a specific room) but is there such a thing as a MoCA switch? 

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.