Shop Now, Avoid Delays - Get Our Best Holiday Deals!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
jimbo58's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thu, Aug 11, 2016 5:43 PM

Two attempts to install fiber to my house and two failures to get it done

We had fiber run in our subdivision about 6 months ago and I got an email about 3 weeks ago stating that AT&T was ready to install fiber to my house.  I signed up for an installation.

Three days later the installer came, poked around a few boxes across the street and at my curb, then knocked on my door with the news "We have a problem.  There is no light coming through the cable at the nearest junction.  We will get a tech on it and re-schedule your appointment".

Two weeks later, a tech comes by and informs me that the problem has been solved and I am ready to be installed.

The next day, a crew comes out and buries the fiber in my lawn.

Today, the installer came by to finish the installation. At first he thought I was just upgrading my DVR gear but I informed him that the fiber has NOT been installed at my house.  He says, 'no problem, it will take about 4 hours to get everything done'.

The installer arrives, nice guy, pokes around here and there, looks at my box, the box across the street... gets in his van and drives off - comes back - pokes around a little more...

Again, no go on the installation.  Signal is too weak.

Now, why the heck could the guy who was here just THREE days ago not know that the signal was too weak?  Why was I scheduled for an install for the SECOND time, arranging my schedule to meet the installer TWICE already, with no installation actually having taken place?

And why did the installer today not even know the status of my installation?  He thought I was just going to need new DVR equipment and was surprised when I told him the fiber had not yet been installed into my home.

That's pretty bad. 

ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

176.6K Messages

5 y ago

Hi @jimbo58,

Sorry to read of the issues installing the appointment. We understand how frustrating it was not getting this installed after 3 attempts. We can help and just sent you a private message via the community forums. Click here to reply back.

ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 y ago

I feel your pain. After having techs come out twice after the issue was supposedly fixed they still could not install. Not sure if this is a precursor at how the service will be if they ever install it but its not a good start. 

After the last attempt to install I was told I would recieve a call the next day with an ETA on the next steps I still have not received a call after 3 days.Not sure what my next steps should be or if I should just leave it alone. 

Good luck to you and I hope you receive better answers than I have received. My situation is made more frustrating due to the fact that my neighbor 3 houses down had her install the day before mine and it is working flawless. 

ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

176.6K Messages

5 y ago

We just wanted to check in with you, since we have not heard back about your service interruptions. Hopefully, everything is working fine, but if you need further assistance, let us know.

We also want to leave you with some additional information in case you come across any future issues. Please download our myAT&T app on a mobile device from your app store or if you have AT&T cell service, text ADOPT to 8758. Remember, we are always here to assist you!

Thanks,

ATTU-verseCare

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.