Learn how you can get the iPhone 13 now!
D

• 

1 Message

Mon, Aug 9, 2021 9:09 PM

Trying to get service to my townhouse

I am wondering how I can get AT&T service extended to my house. According to the FCC, AT&T provides Fiber optics to house down the road but not on my street, how can I speed the process upon getting it to my house.

Constructive

Employee

• 

23.6K Messages

2 m ago

You really can’t 

my thoughts

Employee

• 

18.1K Messages

2 m ago

Does your house have any ATT internet option?

IF yes, what speed tier is offered?

If no, do you have a different telco ILEC provider such as CenturyLink, Frontier, TDS, Windstream, etc... if a different company is the ILEC ATT would not be an option.

Or is ATT the ILEC but your rural to semi rural where only cellular service is offered known as HOMEBASE aka hotspot. 20% of ATT customer footprint is cellular service not hardwired.

Of the 80% that is hardwired... currently most common at start of 2021 is VDSL FTTN to about 23 million addresses, direct fiber FTTP is 15+ million addresses and ADLS2+ (best speed of 18) for estimated 19 million addresses.

EDIT the fastest and easiest way to receive ATT FIBER is to relocate to one of the addresses where the service is already offered. Waiting is the other option... 7 million additional addresses being added in 2021-2022 which should bring total to 22+ million addresses by start of 2023 or about 35% of all hardwired addresses. 

(edited)

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.