Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
K

• 

1 Message

Mon, Aug 9, 2021 9:50 PM

Technician never showed up, no account number to call IT

I live in an area where AT&T isn’t technically available to my neighborhood, but some of my neighbors have gotten internet through them anyway by calling the local store and scheduling a manual appointment through them. I called the store and did the same, and the technician was supposed to show up today to see if he would be able to install internet at our house. Since we didn’t know whether or not we would officially be able to get service from AT&T, the worker at the store, who I spoke with over the phone, did not set up an account for us. He asked for my phone number and email but I haven’t gotten a single email or call from AT&T. He gave us two “order numbers” to check the order status, but whenever I use either of them, the order status page on the AT&T website gives me an error. Since we don’t have an account, tech support won’t work either because it requires you to give the 9 digit account number.  I called the store and they said they can’t check in on a technician who is a no show. I don’t know who to talk to at this point and am extremely frustrated as I had to ask off work today for this technician to come by. What should I do? 

my thoughts

Employee

• 

18.2K Messages

3 m ago

Order service from a provider who services your address.... either a different telco provider such a s CenturyLink, Frontier, TDS, Windstream, etc. Or order from local cable company, a satellite internet provider, or cellular provider. ATT offers cellular internet called HOMEBASE aka hotspot.

As you have no order, I would not expect an appointment to be scheduled for a tech to show... no appointment means the tech is not showing or required to show. 

If your wanting to order DirecTv satellite service should be available to your house.

https://www.att.com/availability/

Enter your address to determine what if any service(s) ATT can provide.

If not available, then not available. 

EDIT... to install HARDWIRED internet service requires assignments from engineering group, means a work order needs to exist.

If your trying to obtain ATT FIXED WIRELESS installed by local DirecTv tech, installations should only be available within intended footprint, not outside footprint.

https://www.att.com/internet/fixed-wireless/

(edited)

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.