Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Jscho200's profile

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Aug 3, 2022 2:48 PM

Suspicious call and email about remote support

I got a call from 866-681-1201 this morning claiming to be following up about an issue I’ve had setting up my wifi. She had my information such as phone number and email which made it more believable. However, I have a technician scheduled to come tomorrow and she was saying they may be able to resolve my issue by me downloading an app that lets them see through my camera. She then sent me an email link from [email scrubbed]

i didn’t click the link or do anything yet because I’m very suspicious of being scammed and my gut tells me something is off. Is this a scam? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

29.9K Messages

2分前

The best information I have is that it is doubtful that this is legitimate.  I cannot confirm that this is an actual AT&T number or that AT&T does this.  It's probably best to just hang up if you get this sort of call.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.9K Messages

2分前

It could be legit but anyone who asks for access to your system is to be suspect. Unless you actually called Support, and they want to do a remote access to  go over your settings with you, I'd wait for the tech to show up.

They just might want to save a Tech Roll if they can fix whatever your issue is over the phone.

• 

2 Messages

2分前

Thanks for your answers. It definitely was a scam because the technician came today and fixed my problem without ever mentioning remote support.

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.