Military Appreciation: Exclusive savings for military, veterans, and their families!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
W

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Nov 10, 2021 4:12 AM

Survey neighborhood

I live in a neighborhood with 30+ houses without reliable internet. What do we have to do to get someone to survey this area? 

Constructive

Employee

• 

27.3K Messages

Il y a 6 m

Wait to see 

• 

6 Messages

Il y a 6 m

Have you already checked the website to see if service is available at the new address?

If it isn't, they have information that explains why Internet may not be available in your area yet. You can also request that service be brought to your area by clicking the link in the section titled "Looking for Fiber for your Neighborhood or Building?"

We hope you find this information helpful.

• 

2 Messages

Il y a 6 m

Yes I have tried searching my address. I’ve also called them. But still nothing. And the worst part is that they keep sending ads about their internet to my house. It’s sad bc 700 ft down the road, they have internet. Our only options are hughsnet, via stat, or ubifi. 

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

30.1K Messages

Il y a 6 m

Unfortunately those are the options. AT&T has their own rollout plan that is kept private. Just keep an eye out for better internet availability, be it AT&T or someone else.

Wait for better or move where there is better are the choices. Naturally not many would choose the latter.

my thoughts

Employee

• 

19K Messages

Il y a 6 m

Is there any new development(s) happening or scheduled to happen in near future? Large apartment or condo complex(es), new subdivision, etc?

Population density (number of living units) can be a big determining factor.

600 addresses better than 400 addresses better than 200 addresses…

at 30+ homes the cost to deploy per address is high thus likely reason for not have local cable service or telco options. zseen as more rural, semi rural where ATT stated back in November 2012 that about 20+% of addresses within footprint would not be upgraded due to economic feasibility.

The company plan for these 15+ million addresses would be cellular hotspot using 4G LTE, 5G and 5G+ as becomes available. 

Are you within one of the 90+ markets within 21 states where ATT is the ILEC. 
If in a different market with CenturyLink, Frontier, TDS, Windstreamm, etc as the ILEC do not expect ATT to overbuild into another companies territory.

zip code? Major intersection?

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.