Shop Now, Avoid Delays - Get Our Best Holiday Deals!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
momofone1's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Aug 17, 2016 7:23 PM

SUBCONTRACTORs are not licensed or insured - will not provide a valid business license

As posted on NextDoor and sent to the State Public Service Commission, our State Rep, and our State Senator, as well as the Better Business Bureau.

They started digging today on our cul de sac (insert address). Two hours in and they hit a gas line. They did NOT notify the homeowner who was home at the time. I smelled the scent and asked if they called the gas company and none of the workers would answer me. I called (insert gas company) and they were here in 30 minutes and said they are getting 3+ calls a day in our area. The workers then hit a water main and I asked them to call but they spoke this time and said the water company couldn't do anything. I called station (insert number and phone number) and they got it fixed (they called someone but didn't give me the number)

If they start digging, or you have flags and have questions - here are your numbers:
AT&T 1-800-278-8213 for inquiries and complaints
Brittany (crew manager of hi tech construction digging) 770-330-9590 {post note: hi tech is not a registered or licensed company in the state - police were involved in the incident because the gas and water company require a company to bill damages back to)

We had been told by the marking crew it was for google fiber, but it is for AT&T. Just an FYI for folks thinking that all the marking is for Google fiber.

///

I have some updates. This costs all us in increased fees on our monthly bills to cover the infrastructure and paying all the damages. The crews should be trained to dig properly (the yards are marked with flags) and learn to call the proper authorities when a line is cut.

No matter Google, AT&T or Comcast - all of these should be reported to the City, the State Public Service Commission, and the State Rep (by District) and State Senator.

*** AT&T said to talk to subcontractors, subcontractor said to call AT&T - what gives? You put our families in danger by not reporting a severed gas line - the Gas Company had to shut down gas and our power in order to avoid an explosion *** How do we get the reimbursement for water and gas bills? ***

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 y ago

Missing text: The workers hit a water main and I ...asked them to call but they spoke this time and said the water company couldn't do anything. I called station (insert number & phone of station) and they got it fixed (they called someone but didn't give me the number). 

If they start digging, or you have flags and have questions - here are your numbers:
AT&T *** for inquiries and complaints
Brittany (crew manager of hi tech construction digging) *** [still unable to provide a valid business name or license]

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.