For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Cmeyer's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, July 5th, 2016 5:20 PM

Slow download fast uploads with gigapower

Ive had Gigapower now for a few months and have had no issues.. Until 2 days ago anyway. My download speeds dropped down to 10-30mbps when before to the same server in atlanta (about 20 miles from me) I was getting 700mbps down and up. Now its 10-30mbps down but 600-700 upload? That makes no sense.

I have restarted the modem several times, technicians came today to replace the modem. They did, worked for an hour and now its down again. I am not using any custom settings and I have all CAT6 cables for hard wire.

This is on both WIFI and hardwire.. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have exactly the same issue and I'm in Atlnata too. Download speed dropped from 700/800 mpbs to barely 20 mbps. I ran multiple speed tests from google, netflix's fast.com, spealeasy, ookla -- all the same, with exception of ookla's AT&T Tucker, ga server that gives me 400mbps. I believe it is an AT&T Atlanta pop backend issue where it connects to wider Internet. It can't handle the load there, maybe they grew faster than they expected. Getting disappointed. Comcast was slower 100mps but consistent.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

8 years ago

Try multiple servers at longer distances. I had the same problem at one point. Speeds to other servers was better. Eventually the local server got fixed and speeds were good to that server again.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

This isnt a server issue, I have pinged servers in atlanta, Las vegas, Chicago, LA and over seas its the same thing

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

8 years ago

Do you have more than one PC to test with?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Tested on pc, tablet, cellphones, xbox's. Now its working okish

Earlier however same server was getting 9mbps now Im getting over 800 mbps

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

8 years ago

What speed test results do you get for different servers in other cities now that the server you prefer is better?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I'm getting the same issue in Austin, TX. Download speed of 300Mbps, upload of 900Mbps. I'm not sure how that's possible, but it's been consistent since day one. I've have 6 AT&T supports techs check everything they can think of. Modem, plugs, lines, fiber, building node, the works but nothing fixes it. AT&T support told me to downgrade to 35Mbps if I was unhappy or to try TWC, I couldn't believe their response.

Any ideas on what else I can try?

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

another one....

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

Same issue, but my download has been 57 since installation completed about 2 weeks ago.

I get full upload.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Same...I'm in California.  Brand new subscriber and I am getting max 50-80Mbit down / same up on the 2.4Ghz band using all newer devices - new and old laptops.  For the 5Ghz band I can only ever get 150-170Mbit down / same up.  Hardwired ethernet with a gigabit supported laptop using cate5e-6 cables I got a maximum of 300Mbit down / 700Mbit up.

Almost everything is wifi though, it's not like I can hardwire all of our phones, tablets etc.  Not sure what to do at this point.  I've been reading everyone's threads and it doesn't seem like there are any resolutions 😞 

I've got 30 days to decide - I hope there are some fixes soon as I really don't want to cancel.  I have been waiting forever for gigabit fiber and was so excited to receive it, only to be let down the first day.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.