Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
O

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Nov 29, 2020 5:19 PM

Samsung TV keeps loosing the internet connection

My Samsung television keeps loosing the internet connection.  Before, I would just put the password and it would work.  This time is not happening! What can I do to fix this?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

browndk26

ACE - Professor

• 

3.4K Messages

2 months ago

Go into the tv menu, network settings. Create a new network connection. There may be a forget network option instead. Then connect to internet. 

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

13.6K Messages

2 months ago

Sounds like a Samsung issue if nothing else is losing internet. You may have to change the band your Samsung uses. I'd contact them first to rule out any issues with the tv.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

Thanks got it! 

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

I’m having the same problem with this TV. You need to power it off and then power on again. Did your problem get resolved ? If so, how?

• 

1 Message

a month ago

This is an ATT issue...i will be calling tomorrow for the 4th time to fix this issue... it all started with changing over from 2.4 to 5g network. Amazingly enough, every time i call and sit on the phone with them, it miraculously starts working. Sometimes, i can restart the modem and i can get it back working, but this time, i could get 1 TV back online but not the other... and they are both Samsung TVs. 

dave006

Scholar

• 

1.4K Messages

a month ago

There is a very easy fix for your specific issue @770melissae  just change the name (SSID)  for your 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network or change the name of your 5 GHz network to make them unique. 

You do it quickly from the free AT&T Smart Home Manger app on your smartphone or from the AT&T web app https://myhomenetwork.att.com/  and once you have them separate just connect your Smart TV to the SSID of your 2.4 GHz network.

Dave

Get started...

Ask a new question