Announcements
Learn how you can Preorder the iPhone 13 now!
D

• 

4 Messages

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 1:52 PM

Rural internet service extension - new service

I am trying to get an answer on extending internet service to my property. Can it be done? What is my cost? I have previously had DSL and phone but high speed internet is terminated down the road about 800 feet. Who do I contact in my area?

Responses

Constructive

Employee

• 

23K Messages

2 m ago

fiber is minimum 10 dollars per foot so your looking at a minimum of 8000 plus equipment and thats only if service can be connected in the fiber network

• 

4 Messages

2 m ago

I was hopefully looking for a response from an engineer to a request that I made through sales. They said I would have an evaluation in 1-3 business days. The service would be for two addresses at the property. I don't know if what they have there is fiber or cable. So I'm interested in a complete evaluation. How do I get that? thanks (It would also be helpful to know if they are planning to extend the service down this road in the near future as part of their modernization)

Constructive

Employee

• 

23K Messages

2 m ago

None of your questions can be answered here this is a customer populated forum and at&t does not read the forums. they also dont share future services or build outs with the public of front line employees you will need to contact sales again

• 

4 Messages

2 m ago

Thanks for the comment, sales however seems to be an infinite loop that goes nowhere if you are looking for information. 

dave006

Scholar

• 

2.5K Messages

2 m ago

I have previously had DSL and phone but high speed internet is terminated down the road about 800 feet.

Do you know if this is residential fiber down the road or just AT&T Fiber?

At this point you are looking at pricing for Business service which is not very economical. Basis dedicated AT&T Business Fiber 10/10 is going to run you about $495 per month. Speeds of 1000/1000 is right at $1495.00 per month for a dedicated fiber circuit.

Have you considered the new satellite option of Starlink or maybe fixed wireless if cellular service is available on your property. AT&T is not quite a far along as T-Mobile but you might consider the new T-Mobile fixed Internet service: https://www.t-mobile.com/isp/plan

Starlink Satellite is still in a testing phase but might be an option: https://www.starlink.com/

Dave

• 

4 Messages

2 m ago

Thank you for your suggestions. We are two residences. One is waiting for Starlink, they signed up last year but they haven't heard and Starlink is not taking any more new service in this area until at least late 2022. We currently have an ATT hotspot that has a very weak signal but is viable. T-mobile does not have a signal here although the tower is only 3 miles away, I'm sending their hotspot equipment back today. Viasat and Hughsnet are really the only options and that is not satisfactory.

New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.