Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sat, Apr 28, 2018 7:57 AM

Request Fiber Optic Internet

Our neighborhood is current only less than 100 feet from a fiber optic cable that runs through the city. I was wondering if a way to get an AT&T Technician to install fiber optics in our homes. 

Responses

my thoughts

Employee

• 

15.7K Messages

a year ago

@fibermeup77 

https://www.business.att.com/products/dedicated-internet/#/

50Mbps Dedicated Internet
 with Voice Bundle
Starting at $894 per location /mo
Special offer! $750 FREE AT&T Installation
See offer details
 Add Cybersecurity Services
 Add Business Wi-Fi
Add to cart

Our featured offer
100Mbps Dedicated Internet
 with Voice Bundle
Starting at $1,140 per location /mo
See offer details
 Add Business Wi-Fi
Add to cart

150Mbps Dedicated Internet
 with Voice Bundle
Starting at $1,199 per location /mo
See offer details
 Add Business Wi-Fi
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 months ago

I need help getting an apartment fiber. Who do I contact to help owner to get fiber. Please email me at *****.

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc]

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 months ago

I'd like to inquire into fiber service in Wild Pear Shores in Dandridge,(Jefferson County) Tennessee.  There are currently 50 to 60 homes with 6 more close to completion.  This seems to be a growing area.  There are fiber neighborhoods nearby and we have no fixed line internet or television service of any kind.

my thoughts

Employee

• 

15.7K Messages

8 months ago

@MauryD  did you ask the developer if they contacted the local ILEC or cable company to wire the lots when services such as electric, gas, water, etc was being installed?

Depending on who the ILEC for your area is, ATT or CenturyLink or Frontier or other, would determine who to contact and the cost to wire the area.... part of lot improvements the seller would recoup when lots are sold..... improved lots. The developer may have had to pay for services to be installed/

ATT has recently completed 4 year 14 million fiber expansion in their 21 state footprint.

Most of these were in high density population areas, 200+ residential homes, apartments or condos....

Is there a major dense housing unit being built by the 60 homes?

Fiber PFPs smallest unit supports  200+, mid size cabinet is for 400+ addresses and double cabinet supports 800+ addresses.

ATT has not been installing copper/fiber hybrid FTTN since end of 2015.

How old is the subdivision? 

for list of ISPs by zip code... https://broadbandnow.com

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 months ago

The subdivision is 14 years old. AT&T has copper cable which provides landline telephone service only. No other services are available. All of the lots are individually owned and range in size from 1 to 5 acres. AT&T would be held in high regard if you provided internet and television service here because satellite is not a good choice.
my thoughts

Employee

• 

15.7K Messages

8 months ago

lot size of 1 to 5 acres... rural area....

from November 2012 company announcement that 75% of addresses will receive hardware, the other 25% (rural) will be non wired hotspots.

https://broadbandtrends.wordpress.com/2012/11/07/att-details-its-14-billion-project-velocity-ip-vip/

As such, AT&T will invest $6 Billion to expand U-verse to an additional 8.5 million locations, bringing the total to 33 million that can receive the U-verse bundle of voice, video and data by the end of 2015.

In addition, they will upgrade (currently in the process and likely to be completed end of 2012) ATM DSLAMs serving 24 million locations to IP-DSLAM.

There remains a portion of the market that will not be upgraded – in these markets, AT&T will offer its LTE product to offer faster broadband speeds.

will be serviced by wireless (cellular) internet using a hotspot unless becomes part of the 1.1  million address within 18 states that will receive Fixed Wireless by end of 2020.

Fixed Wireless has been adding about 220,000 addresses per year.

https://about.att.com/story/2018/fixed_wireless_rural_america.html

If you have power poles running thru the properties (above ground services, not buried) may in the next decade have Project Airgig

https://about.att.com/story/2018/airgig.html

https://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/at-t-s-project-airgig-could-extend-5g-mmwave-signals

If no poles, then cell tower internet or satellite will be the choice

https://broadbandnow.com

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 months ago

LOL, this is sooooo AT&T. Anyone who has ever worked as a contractor on one of their installations knows there is no job security because there's too many hands in the cookie jar and when the cookies run out, they just pull the plug on the projects. Basically AT&T is only ever going to install the minimum # of residential connections to secure their government requirements to keep their fiber territory. Their plan is to cease the build as soon as 5G is available and force all the residents waiting on fiber to obtain a 5G device. Keep in mind that 5G is basically wifi range cellular, so they will have to install equipment inside of every subdivision just to offer the 5G. I guarantee each of you who says the fiber in their front yard that AT&T is doing that under the guise of providing fiber to the homes, but will convert that to 5G nodes, all interconnected with the fiber you see.

jakeprp88

Tutor

• 

26 Messages

7 months ago

Same here

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

I had an independent contractor/sales person come to my house last summer and say fiber internet would be in my area October of last year i'm still waiting. I have their 2nd highest package available at my address I'm paying for 45 mbps. A few weeks ago AT&T had a big outage all over the US according to down detector. I was getting single digits on my download speed for a few days when i'd check it with AT&T's speed test site and on other speed testing sites. I don't think i'll ever get fiber at my address in Michigan. It's available in 2 cities around me both 10 miles away from my city. It's a shame that it's not yet That independent contractor/ salesperson was given false information which was past on to me as an AT&T customer for 11 years. When my family got it we were led to believe the internet was fiber. But it's actually DSL according to broadbandnow's website.

(edited)

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

Same here, AT&T fiber running literally one block away, has been there for a year, but website says fiber is not available at my hoe. I wonder if there's a number to call.

• 

1 Message

24 days ago

If anyone from AT&T reads this forum and actually has the power to suggest where they should prioritize expanding, West Campus area near UT smack dab in the middle of Austin tx, 15-20 min WALK from downtown. Both Spectrum and Google Fiber have spat in our faces and said we're not worth them installing it here. I have a couple hundred people who would disagree with that as we all struggle to load youtube videos most hours of the day and would gladly pay $70 for At&T fiber compared to the $50 crap that Spectrum is selling us.

• 

2 Messages

18 days ago

Same we have kids that need internet out here we are like less than a mile from where the fiberoptics stop. Like really. Satellite internet dont offer the same its to expensive.. and im a web designer like how am i going to work we have phone lines but cant have dsl like why not?

• 

1 Message

8 days ago

I live in Spring Valley, CA over at Kings View Circle. Cox seems to have all the service here. I’m an at&t employee in mobility. Just wondering if we can get some fiber laid out here? 

Get started...

Ask a new question