Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet

Related help: AT&T Internet support

FiberFUp's profile

• 

5 Messages

Wed, May 18, 2022 12:32 AM

Ran Fiber Through My Property

My neighbor had att fiber installed. The line is running through my property. I am reaching out to be a good neighbor, but I am going to cut the line if it isn’t moved in 2 weeks. Their service is at [EDITED] n ozark, Chicago, IL 60631. Lazy installer.

[EDITED per Community Guidelines] 

• 

5 Messages

3 m前

dave006

Scholar

• 

3.1K Messages

3 m前

This is consumer peer to peer forum and not an Official AT&T support reporting tool.

Please skip to the last paragraph for the official answer.

You might want to triple check that the line does not run along the official utility easement. It may take a while before the line is buried if it is a recent install.

If you damage the Fiber you will be paying time and material to replace it.

Check an issue already reported

Call the AT&T Buried Wire Center at 800.924.9420 Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 6 p.m. ET. Remember: This number is just for unburied ground cables.

Dave

• 

5 Messages

3 m前

after speaking to three humans and being bounced around automated prompts and on hold for about 1.5 hrs, I was able to open a ticket.

Att tech came to look, laughed at how poorly this was done but was on the phone side of the business so he can’t move the fiber line, so someone else needs to come out.  Advised me he would cut it if it was his property.

ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

196K Messages

3 m前

We'd like to take a look at this for you. Can you send us a DM on Twitter or Instagram with your name, your best contact information, and your address so that we can investigate this further? 

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.5K Messages

3 m前

@ATTHelp  What if the poster doesn't use Twitter, Instagram, or FaceBook? Lame response. AT&T should have an easy way to contact for issues for all users.

• 

5 Messages

3 m前

@ATTHelp the original post includes the address of service and I provided a picture of the issue.  You don’t need anything else from me.  I am not a customer, but trying to help my neighbor by allowing att to move the line.  I don’t want to cut the line, but will if it isn’t moved before we want to use the pool.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.5K Messages

3 m前

@FiberFUp  This is a customer to customer forum only. It is not AT&T Support. Please go back and edit out (use the three dots to the right of your post) the personal information. Otherwise, you have just left your neighbor open to all kinds of scammers/spammers/phishers.

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

16.1K Messages

3 m前

Your picture is of an aerial wire, so there would be no reason to call the buried wire center, unless I'm not seeing what you're talking about in the photo.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

3 m前

If its a aerial wire its not on the customers property either.  You can't own the airspace above your house.

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

16.1K Messages

3 m前

I don't know today's policies, but it used to be you didn't run aerial across someone else's property unless there were no alternative.  

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

29.3K Messages

3 m前

If its a aerial wire its not on the customers property either.  You can't own the airspace above your house.

This is absolutely untrue.  You do most certainly own the airspace above your ground up to a certain point.  The height is subject to debate.  Existence of this wire would eventually create a de facto easement for the wire, which is why the poster needs to act.

c.f. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_rights

(edited)

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.5K Messages

3 m前

@JefferMC  I thought in certain municipalities, 50' above your home was considered "your airspace". The idea was to protect home owners from drones, etc which I think also covered overhead wiring. But the picture looks like an old neighborhood so the airspace rulings may not pertain to older neighborhoods. Certainly something to check into as far as building codes, easements, etc go.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

29.3K Messages

3 m前

Drones are one thing that has brought this issue to a head, but it would also apply to aerial cables like this one outside an already existing easement.  If OP wants to build an addition, garage, or grow a tree in the air over his yard, it is his right to do so, unencumbered by cables, unless there is an easement.  Even if he doesn't want to do any of these things, but just wants to be able to see his trees without a wire, that's still his right.

Looking at the alley behind the houses, it looks like there was a previous cable (POTS?) that had been run from a point down the line towards the next pole, so that it would not overfly the OP's property.  This sort of thing has been discussed many times on these forums before and can be done.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.5K Messages

3 m前

Got it.

browndk26

ACE - Professor

• 

4.7K Messages

3 m前

I suppose the customer could call att and request a reinstall due to the wire being strung wrong. 

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.