For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
dotherightthing7's profile

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, January 28th, 2023 2:47 PM

Property damage

We have $8900 worth of property damage from AT&T (that continues to increase each time it rains). I have been trying to get this resolved since Jan of 2022. I was told yesterday that if AT&T contracted a third party to trench our yard that our case would be dismissed with them and we would need to take it up with the third party. This is absurd as our contract is with AT&T and the crew who came out to do the line never alerted me of their arrival and started to destroy our yard immediately. I had a delivery driver alert me of the disaster they had caused. It has been horrible as I have a toddler and another baby on the way so I do not have the time or energy to keep fighting this. The damage is also quite extensive and not something we can just pay on our own. I saw a post about contacting the BBB-is that the best way to get this resolved? Hiring an attorney would also cost money and would defeat the purpose. The sad part is I've used AT&T for years and this has shown so much about the company and their lack of ability to do what is right. I honestly do not know how they are still in business as so many others have been shown such disrespect as well.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

1 year ago

IF the damage had been caused by AT&T employees, it would have been handled by Sedgwick, AT&T's risk management company.  Apparently your damage was caused by a contractor who should bear the responsibility.  They are covered by their own insurance so, no, it is not AT&Ts responsibility.

Perhaps a complaint with the BBB will eventually get you to the right entity....which is the contractor.

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Well, Sedgwick is handling the claim. The representative just informed me that "IF" it was a third party AT&T contracted out then we would have to go through them. How would this be our issue though as we did not contract this person, AT&T did? We don't even know who these people are. It just seems that when you hire AT&T for internet service, they are responsible for the company they do or do not contract out, not the homeowner. And as I said, this is a large amount of damage.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

1 year ago

Small Claims Court is for claims under $10,000.  I'm not sure if that's an option but is the most economical way through the court system as filing fees are reasonable and legal representation is not needed.

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Perfect! Thank you for that information.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.