Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet

AT&T related help: AT&T Internet support

crystal1108's profile

• 

4 Messages

Monday, September 26th, 2022 11:58 AM

Problems getting AT&T internet Installation

I am posting this on behave of 10 homeowners in my community. On ATT website, we checked ATT fiber is available to our address. This is a new construction, there are 10 townhouses closed in Aug and Sep. We have been calling ATT for two months asking to install ATT fiber so we could get internet. But ATT refused to provide service to us because it indicates the builder has damage the box they had laid underground, and now ATT is losing connection. However, we have three rows of townhouses together, the first row is getting ATT internet. How could the second and third row is not getting it? We are only 5 to 10 meters apart from the first row. We contacted the builder, the builder said the first row of townhouses had the same damaged box but ATT is able to fix it, why ATT wouldn't do it again for the second and third row of the townhouses? I'm not talking about 1 home needs internet, I'm talking about 10 homes, none of us have internet access. ATT is the only internet provider in that area. Does ATT even care about doing business? This is very frustrating. PLEASE HELP!
dave006

Scholar

• 

3.6K Messages

4 months ago

We have been calling ATT for two months asking to install ATT fiber so we could get internet. But ATT refused to provide service to us because it indicates the builder has damage the box they had laid underground, and now ATT is losing connection. However, we have three rows of townhouses together, the first row is getting ATT internet. How could the second and third row is not getting it? 

Have you contacted the builder to make the repairs for AT&T to complete the issue blocking the install?

Dave

• 

4 Messages

4 months ago

@dave006 Yes, we did. The builder said there's no need to tear up driveway, AT&T has been able to find a solution for the first row of townhouses, they just need to do it again for the second and third row. 

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

4 months ago

Sounds like your Builder and AT&T are in a dispute and that you're caught in the middle.  If you have any leverage with the builder at this point, I'd use it to tell them you just want the problem fixed.

• 

4 Messages

4 months ago

@JefferMC I think AT&T is not doing their due diligence here. Because they haven't gave us an answer why the first row of townhomes getting internet from them but second row is not getting the same service, even though we are only 5 meters away from the first row. If AT&T does their investigation and tell us the only way for them to solve the problem is the builder needs to tear up the drive way, we will work with the builder, file complaint or even initiate a (Edited per community guidelines). The frustration here is AT&T didn't try to solve the problem, they just cancel our service request and say nope, we can't fix it.

(edited)

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

4 months ago

How do you know that AT&T hasn't done their investigation and told the builder they have to fix the equipment?  It sounds to me like they have.

• 

4 Messages

4 months ago

@JefferMC AT&T cancelled the service and tell us the builder has damaged the boxes, we reached out to the builder and the builder said they had the same issue with the first row of townhomes but AT&T is able to fix it and ran new services under the driveways on XXX road. That's how the first row of townhomes are getting internet. AT&T just need to do it again for the second and third row of townhouses. We passed that information to AT&T, those are new information to them. If they have done their investigation on the solution builder has proposed, they would have tell us this solution doesn't work because of XYZ. But they didn't. We still didn't hear back from AT&T, and service is still in cancellation state. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.