Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
HPTQfast's profile

• 

6 Messages

Monday, November 7th, 2022 4:19 PM

Poor Craftsmanship

I signed up for AT&T fiber at the end of May 2022 and a wire was ran from the rd to my house with in days.  It took until the end of October to get it buried.  Now that it is buried I have discovered it is less than 3" deep and in some spots it is not buried at all.  Where it comes out of the ground and up to my house there are wires exposed not in conduit.  According the the NEC all communication wires must be buried a minimum 6" deep and be enclosed in conduit anywhere they are not buried.  How can I get this resolved?  Anytime I call AT&T I sit on the phone for a long time and end up getting someone on the other end who could care less if my problem is resolved as long as they document something will happen and get me off the phone to talk to the next poor soul that will get false promises.  

my thoughts

Employee

• 

20K Messages

3 months ago

A picture would help .. I suspect the wires exposed are old wiring not current if have a conduit in place.

• 

6 Messages

3 months ago

@ my thoughts-  This is where the wire goes under my fence they did not bury.  I will add 3 more photos under this of more poor work done.  And no it is not an old wire as I live in a new neighborhood that was a field before hand.

• 

6 Messages

3 months ago

Under the down spout where I guess they figured now one would ever see.

• 

6 Messages

3 months ago

On side of house from conduit into the box.

• 

6 Messages

3 months ago

Coming from ground into conduit.  
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.