AT&T Community Forums
Announcements

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Thu, Sep 21, 2017 9:06 PM

Closed

Not getting full AT&T fiber speed

I installed the ATT fiber internet today in my apartment. I was pretty excited to see how the 1GBPs internet works but turns out it is slower than the previous one I had from Spectrum. The speed test is barely giving me 100mbps download and around 200mbps upload speed. I am having a problem loading up 1080p youtube videos. 

The router they installed is BGW210, and I also have U-Verse but right now, it is not in use. How do I fix this internet speed? I am only getting 10% of what I am supposed to get. 

Responses

• 

2 Messages

5 months ago

hello,, I'm reading trough a lot of same complaints cause I am very very frustrated with att for years.. feel very ripped off, I have never got close to what I'm paying for..

I got exactly the same isssues, they offer me the 1gb. Fiber to solve all my issues..

The most I get hardwire to desktop around 90mps down and 659 upload.. so many techs in and out of my house.. changing modems cables and blaming my walls and mirrors interfering with svce.

Than last week they sent the savvy genius tech. And plug his meter to modem BGW210 getting 997mps down and 950mbps up.. and said is all my devices not capable of handling more than 100mbps..

Brand new dell desktop that could easily handle 1gb according to dell support, funny but Dell guys said this clowns all ways blame c u stokers devices.."....

(Edited per community guidelines)..

(edited)

• 

1 Message

Total disappointment....moving back to spectrum if they cant resolve this internet speed issue...its very inconsistent one test it would be 800 mbps download and 940 mbps upload and than some would be D 220 mbps/ U 900 mbps ...sometimes websites wont load due to packet loss..lot of weird entries in log about packet groups, policies etc...

Total scam...I thought to give att gig a shot due to their recent promotion but i would pay more and go back to spectrum. Ugh! I should have listened to my brother who warn me at any cost dont move to att. Good thing I did not cancel service with spectrum but bad thing att cut the coax for sepctrum, which I can easily fix.

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

I have never received fiber speeds since I switched to AT&T fiber. Previous speeds with Uverse were faster. My Spectrum was faster and more consistent than AT&T fiber. I should have been given the link to test my computers and devices to see if they could reach fiber speeds prior to paying for fiber for a year for no reason! I have reached 500 m(Edited per community guidelines) on the equipment that I have but now I barely get 200 m(Edited per community guidelines). I get two different speed test results when I use the PC toolbox app they gave me than when I use the Internet speed test site from AT&T. I think their routers are also not able to give fiber speeds because my son has a brand new Republic of Gaming computer and only got 600 m(Edited per community guidelines). This sounds like a class-action (Edited per community guidelines) to me against AT&T for false advertising. They likely rushed to market to sell a product they knew would not work and thought they could "out tech" everyone buying it. I'm pretty tech savvy and this is a bunch of (Edited per community guidelines). I want my money back for the wasted time, false advertising, and slow speeds. 

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

a day ago

Are there any (Edited per community guidelines) law suits about this going on at this time. I am asking because I am in the boat as anyone else. I let Spectrum 1000 ( which I was getting ) go and went for the lower priced AT&T fiber and my speeds aren't even close. So this was oversold.

(edited)

Varalakshmi

• 

178 Messages

a day ago

Dear Community Members, 

We appreciate your interest in this conversation. This thread seems to be old and we request you create a new post. We would be closing this thread as per AT&T community guidelines. 

Regards, 
AT&T Moderator

Get started...

Ask a new question