Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
R

• 

1 Message

Monday, May 10th, 2021 8:59 PM

Non-AT&T customer who needs assistance in issues caused by AT&T

To be clear:  I am not an AT&T customer.  And based on my experience. I doubt I will change over even though I was looking forward to fiber optic speeds. 

An AT&T contractor laid fiber optic cable in our neighborhood.  

For past 2 months I have tried to get someone to correct the matter with a piece of cable sticking up out of the ground.   I have tried multiple times (Ticket numbers NC0X8A20 and NC0XBI10) to get the cable looked at and fixed.  First ticket was closed with 'multidrop fixed.' comment.  Not a multidrop issue.  Box is on opposite side of my property. 

For second ticket, I suspect the technician came by the rare time I went out of town on Friday (for Mother's Day weekend).  I say this because the above ground box cover has been moved and not reinstalled properly.   The cable is still sticking up out of the ground.  

Add to the above, the ground in some of areas dug up by the contractor are sinking and the area around the in ground connection box is sinking.  Similarly a patch where they ran the cables under the street is sinking and eroding away.  These are getting worse since the cable was laid.  

I need to have someone correct the matter of the cable.  That is probably a matter of cutting it below ground, but it raises the question of how shallow is the cable laid.  Also, sinking ground needs to be corrected to put the ground back to original condition (as promised by the door tag). 

Since the rules say no personal info, let me at least narrow down to Knightdale, North Carolina.  

I need to discuss this with someone.  If the matter does not directly relate to an AT&T service and for AT&T customer there's no number to call or place to contact. I have tried all the numbers listed on websites.  While the people I do get to seem to understand the matter, they don't have anything in their 'playbook' to help me.  

Please help. 

Regards,

Robert (aka Robert952)

No Responses!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.