Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Scooter777's profile

• 

10 Messages

Sat, Aug 6, 2022 12:00 AM

New fiber install--work inside house

I understand that, even doing a self-install kit myself, an AT&T tech still would have to come inside my house to install the AT&T fiber plate to which the ONT would connect.  Would it be out of the question for me to provide and install a weatherproof enclosure with a high rating for ingress protection on the wall outside, next to the fiber NID, for the tech to install the AT&T fiber plate in?  I would then simply run the fiber from the ONT out to the weatherproof box to the AT&T plate.  I ask this because of several difficulties.  My schedule is crazy.  I have had several deaths in the family recently and I am having to work with my attorney in dealing with probate court.  The closet and room where the new equipment would be installed is in turmoil and will be re-configured because of all my deceased relatives' boxed-up personal property being temporarily stored there.  Moreover, I have large dogs who are harmless, but they are very enthusiastic about giving hugs and kisses to all visitors.  Would a high-quality weatherproof box provided and installed by me for the tech be an unreasonable idea? 

Many thanks in advance to any thoughts about this issue.

--Scooter777

Many thanks in advance.

--Scooter777

Accepted Solution

browndk26

ACE - Professor

• 

4.8K Messages

Il y a 2 m

If you are being sent a self install kit, no tech will be coming to your house. The att system thinks you have an ONT already in your home. If you do have an ONT, you connect your gateway to it with an Ethernet cable. If there is no ONT, you will need a tech install which would require they Tech to enter your home. Fiber is run into the house. Connects to  fiber wall plate. Fiber cable then connects from the wall plate to gateway with built in ONT. If you order 1 gb service, you may get an ONT installed as the gateway with built in ONT are in short supply. Only used for 2g and 5g service. 

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.