Announcements
Learn how you can Preorder the iPhone 13 now!
SgtChavis's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wed, Mar 2, 2016 6:08 PM

Need support for Uverse Gigapower dhcp settings for public address?

Who would I talk to about dhcp settings for my GIgapower public ip address? My lease time for the public address is set to 10 mins or 600 secs. This is way to short. Normal public lease times are 24 hours, 1 week, or two weeks. Please do not say I am talk about my private addresses. I am referring to the WAN public address. Thanks.

Responses

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

24K Messages

6 y ago

May I ask why you care what the DHCP lease lifetime is?

mibrnsurg

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

6 y ago

@SgtChavis   It's interesting mine is 24 hours on my 3800 and seems like it could be adjusted, default is 24 hrs.  You're the 2d I've read here that had the 10 minute problem on Gigapower.  Assuming some things keep losing connection every 10 mins? Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 y ago

I am trying to setup dmzplus or sharing public ip with my router and in both setups my connections go down every 10 mins with the lease expiration which makes it difficult to access my cams and other things I run on my network. It goes down whether its my router or a pc directly connected to the ATT pace modem. I suppect its my entire neighborhood setup this way. This effects anyone with complexity to their network and makes this new connection really anoyying.

mibrnsurg

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

6 y ago

@SgtChavis   I can actually change mine from 24 hrs but putting another # in it and it will change after saving it.  Can't you find a page in the RG's Gui where you can do that under DHCP?

2wire/Pace/Arris page:

http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_2_3

Smiley Surprised

Chris

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 y ago

I am referring to the public dhcp settings sent to the modem on the WAN interface by ATTs wan network dhcp server. When you log into the modem you can only change your private address dhcp lease time. I need ATT to change my public address lease time so my network will not go down everty 10 minutes. I am assuming this is a network setting in this design for gigapower so I am sure it is set like this for at least a 1000 ip addresses.

mibrnsurg

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

6 y ago

@SgtChavis  Contact ATT Uverse Care on the link in my signature below.

Send them a Private Message, on this link, and they should be able to give the help needed to solve your Uverse service 10 min lease from ATT problems.

Include your name, account #, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right on every page, for their reply. They can do more than any phone rep and stick w/it till it's done. Good luck 😉

Chris

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

24K Messages

6 y ago

@SgtChavis wrote:

I am trying to setup dmzplus or sharing public ip with my router and in both setups my connections go down every 10 mins with the lease expiration which makes it difficult to access my cams and other things I run on my network. It goes down whether its my router or a pc directly connected to the ATT pace modem. I suppect its my entire neighborhood setup this way. This effects anyone with complexity to their network and makes this new connection really anoyying.

Thats the DHCP setting between your router and the LAN side of the Gateway, which is not what I got from what you said earlier.  This can be an issue, especially since the U-verse firmware tends not to interpret the standard for DHCP renewals the same way the rest of the Internet does, which causes your router to not see the response properly.  Since your public address will rarely change (you may keep it for years), your best bet is likely to set it statically as your router's external IP address.

New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.