H

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Nov 21, 2021 5:47 PM

Missing wire

I'm missing the green pon wire on my fiber service box is there any place to get one or do I have to wait for a technician to come to the house to setup my gateway router all they sent was a yellow and a red  connecting wires

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

13.9K Messages

2 m ago

If you ordered phone service with your Internet service yes you need an RJ11/12 base cord to plug into the phone jack of your modem.  You can get a cord at most anyplace that sells phone stuff, like Walmart, Home Depot, Best Buy.  There's nothing special about the green cord the color is just for ease of self-install. 

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

26.7K Messages

2 m ago

The YELLOW wire (Ethernet cable) is to connect your computer to your Gateway via a YELLOW jack

The RED wire (Ethernet cable) is to connect your Gateway to the ONT (perhaps what you meant by Fiber Service box).

If by "pon" you meant "phone", then that's a standard modular phone cable that goes in to the Line1&2 jack on your Gateway.

if by "pon" you meant "passive optical network" cable, perhaps fiber... hopefully there's already fiber running into that ONT.

dave006

Scholar

• 

2.7K Messages

2 m ago

@Hotdigadog 

A picture of what you are calling your "pon" box would help us answer if you can just order a short Fiber jumper cable from Amazon.

Dave

• 

2 Messages

2 m ago

Thankyou all,I'm 68 yrs old and not computer savvy, I'm really at a loss when I have to deal with issues like this Again thank all 3 of you 

Devin

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.