Looking for installation equipment information
I have my ATT fiber install scheduled for next week. I am looking for detailed information about the install BEFORE the tech is here so I can prepare.
- What ONT Models are frequently Used?
- What are the ONT rough dimensions?
- What is the CONNECTOR TYPE on the ONTs for the fiber interface, LC, SC, etc?
- Single or Multi Mode Fiber?
- What are the Gateway models frequently used (I have seen a few listed on the forums here)?
As I have done for nearly EVERY ONE of the past ATT installs, I like to have it be plug and play for the tech, less work for them, easier for me because they aren't having to go around and run a bunch of cables, etc. My PLAN is to have a piece of plywood mounted to the concrete foundation in the basement next to my 9U wall mount WAN/LAN rack. The ONT will mount to the plywood, tech will plug the fiber cable into the ONT, and the copper into the ONT as well, everything already in place and ready to go. It is just a matter of getting the proper materials and getting it set up over the next week.