fluis's profile

• 

1 Message

Tue, Apr 12, 2022 1:53 PM

Just moved from 5 Mbps DSL to Gig Fiber.

Just bought a new house. Fiber ready to go as soon as we moved in. All I had to do was connect the BGW210 they sent to the fiber box.

In my ATT app speed test it constantly shows my speed to the box is 900 Mbps plus. No matter what device or where in the house, none of my devices are registering even half of that speed.

I have my PC hardwired to an Airties extender. Through Battle.Net and Steam My downloads max out around 30 Mbps. Shouldn’t I be downloading much faster? My brother says he can help me run CAT6 upstairs to hardwire my PC. Is that going to solve my download speed?

I have ensured all drivers are up to date and I’ve removed any bandwidth cap settings from both applications.

Thanks in advance.

Constructive

Employee

• 

27.9K Messages

3 m ago

i dont use steam but those speeds are par for the course for battle.net their download servers are always overloaded and throttled

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

28.7K Messages

3 m ago

I have my PC hardwired to an Airties extender. Through Battle.Net and Steam My downloads max out around 30 Mbps.

Using the Airties as a bridge has been reported as not performing particularly well.  Wi-Fi performance will not be as good as wired in nearly every situation.  Also, are you sure the downloads are at 30 Mbps vs 30 MBps?

(edited)

my thoughts

Employee

• 

19.2K Messages

3 m ago

What about speedtest.net to other servers?

I suspect issue may be PC, wifi adapter being 2.4Ghz g would explain speeds in the 20-30s.

MAY want to purchase a wifi adapter for PC supporting dual g/n/ac 

• 

3 Messages

2 m ago

Hi,

Have you thought about  buying a new 2.5G or 10Gbps ethernet card for your PC?

If the speed to the modem from the wiring direct is showing 900Mbps+ the problem is not with AT&T.

I've learned this through trial and error myself with 2Gbps Fiber @ my apartment.

My apartment building is wired with Cat5e and I still achieve over 2Gbps with the new NIC that I purchased.

How old is your computer/equipment?

Have you tried plugging your pc/nic direct to the modem?

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.