For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
rickcorrea's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, March 14th, 2017 3:25 PM

Just moved, bad wireless service

I just moved to a new house.  I don't get a good AT&T signal.   I get a descent T-Mobile signal.   I wanted to switch my plan to T-mobile.   I'm still under contract.

I called AT&T to pay ETF and get my phone unlocked.   They said I need to port T-Mobile Number first (which is fine), then I need to wait 7-10 business days to get final bill and pay ETF, then another 2 days to get phone unlocked!  That's up to 2 week!   

I haven't had any issues with AT&T.   I need to work from home and my new house doesn't have internet yet (AT&T Fiber quoted me 3 weeks to install it!).  Now I need to wait 2 weeks to switch my phone.

My wife is now stuck without internet or phone for 2 weeks!   Please help!  Either help me get AT&T Fiber installed or unlock my phone!  I'm more than willing to pay for it!  I just can't wait 2 weeks for it to happen!

Community Support

• 

231.5K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @rickcorrea,

Thanks for contacting us. We can take a look to see if we have any sooner appointments for your U-verse installation. We offered appointments in the order we receive them so a sooner date may not be available. 

In regards to your number port. We can look into this as well. We just sent you a private message via the community forums. Click here to reply back and let us know via this thread one you have replied to the PM.

-ATTU-verseCare

Community Support

• 

231.5K Messages

7 years ago

Hi,

We heard back from our mobility team, and they informed us that the time for unlocking the phone is an estimate, but it is usually quicker than that. The phone is usually unlocked in 24 hours after paying your final bill, which you can try to pay before you get the bill. We wish we could provide a guarantee on this, but there are situations where it does take longer, so we always give the long estimate. We don't foresee any problems, but we cannot assure you that it will happen that fast.

We also hope to see the U-verse service get installed a lot faster.

Thank you,

ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I appreciate the response. But I'm still without service and I don't know when that is going to be resolved. I am very frustrated especially given that my wife goes back to work on Thursday. She could face disciplinary action if she's unable to have internet access at home.

I found the FCC's Cable Act has verbiage staying that an installation of service happens within 7 days of the order placed.

https://www.fcc.gov/media/engineering/cable-television

I believe I'm 125 feet from the pedestal. I believe 7 days is tomorrow. I don't want to resort to trying to escalate further and filing complaints but my back is against the wall here. Please help.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.