Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
B

• 

4 Messages

Sat, Oct 24, 2020 4:27 PM

It this new fiber internet capable of 2.4 or is it just 5 gig?

I have several devices that are smart devices and can't seem to get them connected, such as outlets and lights

Responses

browndk26

ACE - Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

a month ago

The gateway has both bands. Look on the yellow decal on the gateway for the network name and password. Confirm your devices are trying to connect to the correct network. 

Go here to if the bands are both on

http://192.168.1.254/cgi-bin/home.ha

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
davemize

ACE - Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

a month ago

All AT&T gateways used for Fiber support both 2.4ghz & 5ghz wifi in a band steering configuration. This means both networks are carried on the same SSID. Some devices have problems selecting the correct network in this configuration, so you may have to rename one of the neworks to something unique, which will then show two separate wifi networks available. Access the gateway using 192.168.1.254 from a connected device.Find the Wifi section under Home Network. You’ll need the Device Access Code (DAC) from the side of gateway. Enter ADVANCED OPTIONS to change the the wifi network names. You can also change channel number and other options. Be sure to save the settings, new settings take effect in less than 2 minutes.

"Don't make me summon the flying monkeys...."

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

a month ago

Thanks I have all my smart devices hooked up now.

davemize

ACE - Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

a month ago

@Bob63376  Great, glad you got it figured out.

"Don't make me summon the flying monkeys...."

• 

4 Messages

a month ago

Thanks Dave, no flying monkeys needed....lol

Get started...

Ask a new question