Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
simonbtown's profile

7 Messages

Monday, July 31st, 2023 7:10 PM

Issue with bad fiber box installation

How do we get escalation with ATT Risk Management on a bad fiber box installation by ATT contractors?  I have left voicemails as I have never been able to speak to a person when contacting them - we have received no contact from ATT on this.
A tech came out June 13th 2023 and agreed that this needs to be repaired and filed a damage claim.

Accepted Solution

7 Messages

7 months ago

The city didn't end up being that helpful, they passed it around between the Mayor's office and some other departments.

Sedgwick could not help - "We here at Sedgwick only process the property damage claim, if siding was damaged, or the irrigation system was damaged then Sedgwick can help.  If it is only ATT's equipment and landscaping we cannot".

However Sedgwick referenced the Office of the President, and after I called ATT support again they also mentioned them and gave me the number.
I called the Office of the President on Sept 26th 2023 and a senior ATT team visited our property the next day.
Today Oct 2nd they came first thing and fixed the subsiding cable box, including levelling and landscaping.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

9 months ago

Call your local city hall or codes authority. 

7 Messages

9 months ago

Our city has their own fiber program; they want nothing to do with ATT's messes. 
The head of the program came out to our address when we thought it might be their contractors - he and his assistant said that it was an ATT installation. 

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

9 months ago

Your city has jurisdiction over utility companies. If you want that box fixed, your city authorities can call Att and have them repair it. 

7 Messages

9 months ago

Thanks for your advice.
I spoke with the Mayor's office.  I am waiting on whether we should report it as "Other" in their online reporting system, or whether someone in the Planning department can assist with defining which city codes have been broken and help us directly.

Employee

• 

30 Messages

8 months ago

If you have ATT service/account and damage to your property/yard has been done by ATT technicians you can contact tech care 1-800-288-2020 to file a claim. Once the claim has been filed you should receive communication within 14 days. If you don't have ATT account/service on your address but the utilities run thru your property I recommend contacting our Telco dept to make them aware of the issue.

7 Messages

8 months ago

We have a damage claim that was filed on June 13th after an ATT Repair technician came out to the property - AMER22202306200186.
Our neighbor and I have been chasing it for the last 8 weeks to get someone to acknowledge that the bad installation will be fixed. We have had a total of two Repair tickets so far along with a promise that the local Construction person would call me which they never did.
After 90 minutes on the phone with ATT Customer care 2 weeks ago I found out that our damage claim has been assigned to a Sedgwick rep but that person hasn't yet called us back after leaving multiple voicemails. 
ATT Risk Management also has never responded to the many voicemails we have left them.
As customers we have never been able to speak to an actual person in Risk Managment or at Sedgwick.
The Sedgwick portal will not accept our claim number AMER22202306200186.

Employee

• 

30 Messages

8 months ago

Sedgwick should sent you letter or email with instructions I would give another week and if no response would arrive I would call to att to have an att rep send and email to claims to investigate the issue of lack of contact from Sedgwick. 

7 Messages

8 months ago

Thank you for this information.

I gave it 4 weeks after the initial claim was filed before we started following up.
We have been chasing now for 4 weeks with no contact at all back from Sedgwick or ATT Risk Management via email or phone.
Both my neighbor and I have been calling ATT Repair and ATT Customer Care to try to get some progress; I have just left another VM for both the Sedgwick rep and ATT Risk Management.
I am also following up with the Bloomington Indiana City Planning department - haven't found the right avenue yet but I am working that angle.

My neighbor and I are being called daily by ATT Sales to sell us Fiber services from that broken box - who say they are unable to help every time we have spoken to them explaining the situation.

(edited)

Employee

• 

30 Messages

8 months ago

I know what you are going thru. Be strong, hopefully it will get solved by someone soon.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.