Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
M

• 

6 Messages

Sat, May 29, 2021 9:37 PM

internet installation issues

Why does my area only service AT&T or Comcast? I tried to get AT&T Fiber. The Technician showed up on Thursday, 5/27/21 so he spent 5 hours during the installation. The internet worked all day Thursday. He calls me back to inform me that he had to take care one issue that could cause the internet to be interrupted but he had to go to another appointment and I have virtual call to attend. The AT&T company text me to say that no one showed up the install and they have to reschedule so that was not true. I text back that my technician arrived and installed the equipment and the internet is working. So AT&T text back to say someone will arrive on the next day between 8am to 8pm so no one showed up. I text the technician who handled the install to let him know so he was shocked because it was a minor thing that would take 15 minutes and I was good in terms of service. That turned to be untrue. He did not complete the install so the internet was interrupted because of this. The Technician lied and communicated to AT&T that there was live wires . I was told this when I called Tech Support where I was on hold most of Friday evening. I believe that he lied because he could not complete the installation. He lied because it is pressure on them to do so many tickets. I am very disappointed with AT&T because if there were more providers then they would not operate in this manner. They are saying that it would be next Wednesday for another tech to come out. So I cancelled the service and filed a complaint with BBB. I will do one with my congressman and the FTC. This is poor service. I will seek damages because my yard was dug up to lay the cable and holes in the wall for no internet.

dave006

Scholar

• 

3.1K Messages

1 年前

OK thanks for the update.

I will seek damages because my yard was dug up to lay the cable and holes in the wall for no internet.

First your yard was not dug up to lay the cable.  Install technicians don't bury Fiber at install. They schedule with the Burial team (Buried Wire Center) to have your Fiber drop buried at a later date.

Your damages are not valid since you actually authorized the install that you then refused to allow AT&T to complete the install since your cancelled service.

You also agreed to Arbitration vs litigation. You did read the terms and conditions?

Here is a link if you would like to review: https://www.att.com/legal/terms.consumerServiceAgreementInformation.html

That turned to be untrue. He did not complete the install so the internet was interrupted because of this. The Technician lied and communicated to AT&T that there was live wires . I was told this when I called Tech Support where I was on hold most of Friday evening. I believe that he lied because he could not complete the installation. He lied because it is pressure on them to do so many tickets. 

This makes little sense as above you indicated you had service working when the tech left on Thursday and you attended your virtual call. Just for reference you did not call Technical Support on Friday evening.

You called the main customer support team at 1-800-288-2020 staffed by Customer Service Reps that follow a script, yes a very specific script on the Friday of a holiday weekend so yes there would be long wait times.

When did your active Fiber actually have an "interruption" after it was installed on Thursday?

Which other customer's scheduled install or repair did you want AT&T to cancel since Monday is a Holiday and Saturday would have already been full with scheduled appointments for repairs and installs.

Tuesday appears to have also already been full with scheduled appointments for repairs and installs. They offered the first available service date which happens to be Wednesday June 2nd.

Make sure that you return your AT&T Gateway within 21 days to avoid being charged a $150 fee for not returning your Gateway.

Note: This is a customer to customer forum and not a formal AT&T support path.

Dave

• 

6 Messages

1 年前

Dave, So it is okay for AT&T to not complete the job? Is that a good quality control process? SO they should just go from customer to customer and not finish jobs? The AT&T company will not survive with that type of poor quality of work. I talk to Tech Support via the call center. Also, I spoke to the Technician who was not credible because his actions were suspect based on saying that he could not finish because of live wire. He did not communicate that to me. The Tech Support communicated that to me. He said that it was one thing he need to finish but could not finish due to another job and I have a virtual call. Guess What? He could have came back but he did not. Guess What? No one showed up on Friday after they text to say that someone would be here from 8 am to 8 pm. I am sorry that you do not have standard but I do so that is why I am talking to upper management on this issue so they apologized.

browndk26

ACE - Professor

• 

4.7K Messages

1 年前

I’ve never heard of a 8 am to 8 pm time for a tech to come. Usually 4 hour time windows. Are you sure you weren’t dealing with a reseller of att service?

What phone number did you call to reach upper management?

• 

6 Messages

1 年前

I called 1-866-861-6075 which is Tech Support. I did not dial 1-800-288-2020 so I am aware that is customer support.

browndk26

ACE - Professor

• 

4.7K Messages

1 年前

That is a generic att number that sounds like another way to get CS. Hopefully you get your service fixed. What speed plan?

my thoughts

Employee

• 

19.3K Messages

1 年前

@browndk26 8-8 is often a CSI (customer self install) window for tech to make outside connections only... no work inside the customer premise.

CSI may also be assigned a (6) hour window such as 8-2 or 12-6. Again for making connection at cross box and verify sync at terminal or NID where access permits. 

There is also a 7am - 11pm window used for buried cross over work where tech placed a temp line, a contractor came out and buried a new line, now a 2nd tech dispatch to make final connections outside and remove the temp line placed on the ground. This is especially true with fiber as contractors do not place fiber ends.

Tech cannot come back, the tech either closes the job while there or returns the job to be be rescheduled for another day, a different tech.

Depending on the issue, the job could have been referred to outside line tech resulting in the tech jepping (returning) the job to a different work group. 

• 

6 Messages

1 年前

500Mbps speeds is what I ordered. I am not sure if it was a reseller. He told me that he worked at AT&T.

• 

6 Messages

1 年前

I was given the call in number after I signed up for the service. I filed a complaint so I was able to get upper manager to reach out instead of talking to people who have not idea of what is going on with their Tech Team or equipment

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.